𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

After dinner was closed, the queen politely asked Athena to follow her to one of the meeting rooms, little used and often forgotten by the palace servants and soldiers. Daenerys reassured her by explaining that she would like to have a very important conversation with the woman and that she would not like other people to snoop on what she would talk about, in particular with Athena, because it was a subject that was important only for the two women and for no one else, so she would rather have a little privacy than let other people spoil such an important moment for her.

"Athena, we have to talk. After today and during the two days you had left, I realized some very important things in my life. Do not be afraid, because in my heart there is no feeling contrary to you; this meeting is not about politics." Daenerys reassured her once again by noticing the woman's restlessness with her words, certainly fearing that the queen had changed her mind and thought about discarding her.

"About what could this conversation be? Although I am apprehensive, I also needed to talk about some very important things with you—things that I unfortunately only realized when I was almost dying in Valyria," the woman replied, caressing her hands with tenderness and a certain sadness, fearing the words that would come out of her own mouth.

Athena was fearing rejection more than anything; she would not know how to look Daenerys in the face knowing that she was rejected. She would never betray her queen, but she would always mentally remember this embarrassing situation. The woman was very reluctant in the last week to declare herself to the queen, knowing that this union at the time would not bring many political benefits and that she was no longer one of the most beautiful women. Although the queen has always reassured her, there was still a pinch of insecurity that tormented her mind. After all, she still listened to the evil whispers of the nobles as she walked through the corridors of the palace.

"I found out that I have very strong feelings for you; these feelings go far beyond friendship, but I only realized this when you had gone so far and my heart had been flooded with fear of losing you. I really felt the purest fear when I admitted my own feelings and realized that I had the chance of never talking to you again or being able to say goodbye in an honorable way." Daenerys confessed her own feelings that were locked in her own mind since the woman had returned to the palace: "I don't know if you feel the same for me, if you like me romantically, but if you give me a chance to win your heart, I promise to make you the happiest woman in Essos!"

"Dany...."

"Thena, the main thing is that I don't want you to feel pressured to accept my feelings just because I'm the queen. You have always been and will always be free to decide things in your life. If you can't return my feelings for you, the only thing I ask you is not to exclude me from your life. I can handle rejection very well, but I won't get over the fact of losing your friendship; after all, I've already lost so many important and valuable things for me."

Athena would say almost the same thing to the queen, but instead of repeating almost the same thing, a thought occurred in the woman's mind, and she thought that there would be no better way to demonstrate her own feelings than a physical demonstration of affection, now that she was fully sure that the feelings were reciprocal. What was missing for the beginning of something much bigger and lasting was that one of the two women had the courage to take the next step—something that, to Athena's joy, had happened today—and she, without thinking twice, kissed Daenerys, running her hands through her platinum hair while the queen held her waist firmly. The kiss had started in a calm and soft way, but soon that had changed, and Daenerys intensified the kiss, feeling brave to move forward, and soon the kiss was interrupted by the need for oxygen.

"I think that for now should be enough to answer the question if I also feel the same way you do. I don't have much to offer you, but I can offer the most valuable and precious thing I have." Athena replied by touching her own forehead on Daenerys' forehead, with a stupid smile on her lips. "I can offer my heart to you."