𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

"You know you don't need to hide your face with a bandage or an eye patch; no one will dare to make fun of you, not while I'm alive and the reigning queen," Daenerys said as she entered the priestess's room, who was getting ready for a dinner among the members of the new Queen's Court, a dinner that took place two weeks after her return to the city. "You don't have to hide; you are one of the most beautiful women in Essos; this scar is just a detail," she said as she took the bandage out of Athena's hands, placing the contents carefully on the table next to it.

The two weeks passed as a blur for everyone in the palace, due to the huge amount of things to be done and the return of the priestess and the early arrival of Olenna, which made everyone very apprehensive. Although they had nothing against her, this meeting should only take place in Dragonstone. Athena was already suspicious of what could be happening because no early meeting in a war was a good sign; something was happening, and they would only find out at the council's dinner.

Another thing that worried Daenerys was the way the woman was feeling, especially after all the emotion of the adventure passed and she was reflecting on how lucky she had been to be able to get out alive. The priestess could not say anything, but the queen noticed the way she was avoiding being seen by people in the palace and how she avoided at all costs any object that could create a reflection of her own image. Athena's abilities were no longer working as before, and this was a factor that worried everyone since she was demonstrating a much slower recovery and the healing factors only helped to a certain extent.

The biggest consequence of all these things were the scars that would remain forever marked on Athena's skin, along with a lost eye that was impossible to recover. Daenerys not only noticed the basics; she also noticed that the woman seemed to want to cry whenever no one was watching, probably feeling embarrassed by her own physical appearance that was no longer like before. But this time Daenerys was attentive and vigilant with any evil comment that was made towards the priestess; she would not tolerate any mockery that would hurt the dignity of Athena as a woman and as a human being.

"These scars are no reason for you to be ashamed; they are the proof of your courage and determination; they are proof that you have done what no man in Essos or Westeros would have the courage to do. I see many people singing about titles that they have often not fought to have; they boast of battles they have never fought, not even as  squires." Daenerys again spoke, caressing Athena's face with affection and then attaching her hair with a hand-embroidered golden bow. "Let them talk about you; I will silence them soon after; the roars of these creatures will be silenced. You are one of the most beautiful women in Essos; with or without these scars, I will do everything possible to prove it to you."

Daenerys was not a person known for lying to please someone; she was always very sincere in her words, and the priestess doubted very much that the words were being said out of pure pity for how she was feeling. The priestess smiled in the most brilliant way the queen had seen—that smile that snatched Daenerys' air, leaving her toop with the woman's happiness when she was praised, and to the queen's surprise, she gave a soft kiss on her lips.

"Thank you; I believe you." Athena replied with that firm and bright smile that the queen was used to: "I don't need this; the scar with a while will be just a detail." She spoke again while holding the bandages and the eye slap in a box. She finished at the end of adjusting the golden loop in her hair, "I think we are late."

"What do you mean?"

"There is a soldier knocking on the door and asking if we are both okay," the woman justified, pointing to the huge oak door that gave access to her room. "Let's go; we both have to go." Athena spoke hurriedly as she held Daenerys' hand and ran out of the room, leaving the queen without reaction as she ran to be able to keep up with the rhythm of the woman who was excited about dinner.