➵ TWO

TWO

"HURRY UP! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE

"HURRY UP! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE."A FEMALE VOICE BOOMS THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE. "OLIVIA, IF YOU DON'T HURRY UP." THEY BELLOW.

A few seconds later a young red haired woman comes waltzing out of one of the rooms. "Do you have to be so loud, Cara?" She questions the young woman.

"Yeah. I do." Cara smirks. "Now let's go before Hank tries to fire us." She adds.

"Hold on, let me lock the door." The red haired woman says as she puts her keys in the door. "My mum will kill me if I don't lock it. Especially with what's been happening lately." She states.

"Have you heard from your dad, Liv?" Cara questions her friend.

"Not since he went to Texas to help with the riots there." She says. "Mom tries to ask at the station what's happening but they won't say anything." She adds as she grips her bag tightly.

"He'll be fine." Cara reassures her friend. "It can't be that bad there." She says as she loops her arm into her friends arm.

The groaning seats of the swings begin to sway gently as they walk pass the empty playground. "It feels weird." Cara sighs. "Usually there's the kids out on the park but parents aren't risking it anymore." She notes.

"I hope everything gets sorted out soon." Olivia says. "I miss babysitting Matthew and his little sister." She adds.

"I'm sure that those two kids are ok." Cara hums. "But let me tell you something I'm pissed that we're being forced to go into work." She adds.

"Same." Olivia sighs. "Hopefully it'll be an easy shift today." She adds as they turn around a corner.

The young women stop in front of a shop and let out a groan as they realise there is no-one inside. "Great." Olivia groans. "Now what?" She asks.

"Let's go back to yours as your house is the closest." Cara responds grabbing a hold of Olivia's hand pulling her in the direction they came from.

A shrilling scream has them pausing in their steps and look at each other. The two rush towards where the sound came from. As soon as the friends got Olivia becomes lightheaded whilst Cara begins to feels nauseous.

The pair are paralyzed to the spot, the menacing aura holding them in a tightening grip. Their eyes are transfix on the scene in front of them with horror, unable to look away no matter how much they want to. A woman is leaning over another woman, digging her hands into the woman's chest.

The hairs on Olivia's skin stood and she suppressed the shiver that runs down her back. Cara let's out a gasp as she like at the woman, who has a sickly, grayish complexion with permanent red bite marks on her shoulders.