➵ SEVEN

SEVEN

"Mum, tell Lucas to give the milk before I pour the milk over his head

"Mum, tell Lucas to give the milk before I pour the milk over his head." Mia hears her eldest daughter growl.

"Lucas, can you please pass your sister the milk?" She questions him.

"But, mom—" the teenage boy whines as he watches his mother walk towards him and his siblings.

"Everything okay in here?" The unmistakable voice of Hershel asks.

"Yes, grandpa." The two younger siblings smile at their grandfather whilst Cara and Olivia share a smirk.

"Good." Hershel smiles at his daughter and grandchildren. "I'm going to get and check on the wells after the accident yesterday. I'll be back soon." The man states as he heads for the door.

Olivia grimaces at the thought of that 'walker,' which is what Rick and his group call the zombies. Her eyes dart towards her bowl which is empty. The young woman picks up her glass of orange juice and drinks it. Picking up her bowl and glass, she makes her way over to the kitchen where Lucas is cleaning the dishes.

"When you on dishes duty?" The teenage boy asks.

"Tomorrow." She responds before walking away towards the door where Cara is waiting.

"Where are you two going?" Mia asks them.

"I said they could help me with the horses." Maggie answers appearing from the stairs.

"Alright. But I need you two to keep an eye on madam there." Mia orders her sister and Cara.

"You got it." Maggie grins at her sister before opening the door.

The trio move out the door but stop in their tracks when they spot Glenn sitting on the rocking chair whilst playing with the guitar. Maggie nods for the two young women to walk a head and she'd catch up with them.

The duo notice that the leaves on the trees are beginning to change into a golden hue and the prairie grasses is beginning to turn brown.

"Times like these make me miss my mom and dad." Cara blurts out causing the duo to stop dead in their tracks. "I wish they hadn't have gone back to South Korea." She admits.

"Maybe it's not as bad as it is over." Olivia tells her friend. "Maybe your country could have found a cure." She adds trying to lighten the mood.

"Liv, don't be stupid." Cara tells her before walking towards the horse barn.

Olivia catches up and helps her friend with checking around the pen for any signs of holes or walkers nearby. After making sure there are none, they enter pen begin to feed the horses. Olivia drops the hay when she comes to one horses stable.

"Where the hell is Nelly?" She asks her friend, who shrugs.

Olivia rushes out of the barn and looks around. Unknown to her, Maggie approaches the barn with her father.