➵ EIGHT

EIGHT

"Up!" Mia snaps at her son, who smirks into his pillow

"Up!" Mia snaps at her son, who smirks into his pillow. "I mean it cause the next time I come back into this room it'll be with a cold jug of water." She adds making him fully awake.

He sits up and looks around his room, he grabs a hold of his clothes and gets changed. He makes his way towards the stairs, he could see his mom and Rick having a discussion.

"What they talking about?" He asks Olivia who is watching her sisters whilst reading a book.

"Dunno." She answers. "He wanted to talk her about something important. I think it's about the gun lessons. Grandpa said we could take part but mom's not too sure." She adds as she stands next to him watching the conversation.

The two move away from the door as they spot their mom and Rick coming into the house. "You two come here." She instructs them both. "So, I'm allowing you two to take part in the gun training but I need you guys to be careful. Rick's promised to keep an eye on you two whilst you're out." She informs the two.

"Cara is going to be training as well. Your mother also agreed to that." Rick tells the two.

"So be safe and remember, Lucas. It's a real gun not a pretend one." She informs her son as she kisses them goodbye.

"Are you not coming?" Olivia questions her mother.

"No." Mia responds. "I'm keeping an eye on those two as they are too young to be near a gun right now." She adds.

The two nod then follow Rick out of the door. They share a car with Lori, Rick and Carl. The silence was very awkward, as they drove to the secluded area where they could train.

As they get there and get out of the car, Olivia jumps at the sound of glass breaking. "Jesus Christ." She whispers as she places a hand on her chest when she realises that Jimmy had dropped a wine glass.

"Come here, you three." Rick tells Olivia, Carl and Lucas, who follow him to where Cara is standing. "You four take it in turns in shooting those glass bottles there." He tells them as he goes to check up on the progress everyone else.

Olivia manages to shoots two glass bottles whilst Lucas shoots one glass bottle. They watch Carl closely and cheer for him when he shoots a glass bottle. Even Rick smiles at Carl shooting the bottle.

Olivia takes another shot and watches as the bullet whizzes through the air and into another glass bottle. She smirks at her brother who glares at her as she walks by and Cara holds up her hand to give her friend a high five.

"It's not a competition, you three." Shane calls out the three.

The three snicker when they all look at each other, Lori and Rick even has a small smile on her face when she spots that they're only mucking about with each other.

As soon as they get back to the farm, they go to their mother with Rick informing her of how well they did. He then leaves the family alone and makes his way towards his camp. He stops and turns around for a second and watches as Mia laughs with Olivia as they enter the house.

He then continues back to his camp. Olivia and Cara walk back out the door towards where Hershel is working. They've got a bottle of cold water for him, Cara giggles at Olivia's impression of Shane. But stop when they spot Lori talking with Hershel, they watch as the brown haired woman walks away with a frown.

"Wonder what that was about?" Cara questions.

"I dunno but she looked pretty upset." Olivia responds.

"No shit, Sherlock." Cara scoffs before they continue walking to Hershel.

The duo smile at the old man as they get closer to him. "Hey, what are you doing here?" He questions them.

"Mom told us to bring you a bottle of water. She said you'd be too hot." Olivia smiles at the old man. "Anyways, why are you and Lori talking?" She then asks.

"I was just letting her know that it won't be long until they'll be back on the road. Especially with Carl back on his feet and the progress they've made with looking for the little girl." Hershel answers her question.

The two young women share a look before turning back to the man. "Did it break again?" Cara asks him.

"No." Hershel tells her. "I'm making sure it's secure in case of a storm." He adds.

Mia watches Rick and Lori from the house, the woman walks away from her husband. The red haired looks down at her book before looking back up and spotting Glenn rushing towards Maggie. She raises an eyebrow before moving towards the chair she was sitting in.

Lucas's eyes narrow and clenched his teeth together as he concentrates on the piece of paper he is writing on. He let out a loud growl of annoyance as he rips the paper. He begins to sketch the scenery once again.

He hears a gate slamming from beside him, he peaks around the corner and spots Rick storming towards Lori. He watches as the woman slowly gets to face her husband.

He turns back around and concentrates on his drawing. His eyes dart from the paper back to the land. He lets a small cheer as he finishes sketching the tree that he had difficulty sketching.

The sky fills with a rainbow of colours as the evening begins to come in, it's at this time when he gets up and moves towards the house. The teen hums his way back to the house, opening the door he spots his mother reading a book.

"Hey, sweetie." She smiles at him.

"Hey, mom." He grins as he sits beside her. "Look at this." He says presenting to her the sketch.

"That looks amazing." She grins at him. "How long did it take you to sketch it the trees this time 'round?" She then asks him.

"Three hours 'cause I couldn't get the shape right." He answers.

"I know." She smirks at him. "It took a month to be able to draw the trees on the farm."

"Well I'm off to bed." He informs her as he stands back up.

"You not having anything to eat?" She asks him.

"Nah, I'm too tired." He responds.

"Night, handsome." She says.

"Night, mom." He smiles as he walks up the stairs to his room.

Moonlight trickles through the window and shines brightly throughout his room. He places his sketchbook onto the desk beside his window and closes his curtains. He takes clothes off and puts a pair of pants on. Climbing into his bed, he closes eyes and drifts off to sleep.

This is just a filler chapter, which as you can see isn't as good as I thought it would be. so enjoy it.