➵ NINE

NINE

Opening the curtains to their room, Olivia and Cara watch as the morning sky blooms like a rose with many petals

Opening the curtains to their room, Olivia and Cara watch as the morning sky blooms like a rose with many petals. Their eyes move towards the barn where the old worn down tractor which is collecting dust is sitting.

The young women move away from their window towards, their bedroom door when they hear yelling from to the barn. "Shit!" Olivia mutters as she looks out of the window.

The young woman's legs seem like jelly as she and Cara walk down the stairs. She spots Maggie with a frown on her face. "Maggie, they know." She whispers to her aunt. "What do we do?" She adds.

"Don't worry, kiddo." Maggie says with a small smile. "They aren't allowed to do anything. Now go and have your scrambled eggs and toast." She assures her niece.

The whole family ate their breakfast with conversations about how the day is going to go. Maggie, Olivia and Cara exchange looks throughout the morning meal.

Olivia, Cara and her siblings are in charge of cleaning the family's cars today. This makes Olivia even more nervous in case anyone from Rick's group asks any of them about the barn and what's inside it.

"Liv!" Her mother calls out her name causing her jump.

"Sorry." She apologies to her mother. "What were you saying?" She questions the older woman.

"I was asking if you're ok cause you look pale." Mia responds.

"It's that time of the month." Olivia lies, hoping the conversation would stop there. "Honestly, I'm fine." She adds taking a sip of her drink.

Making her way to the kitchen, she begins to wash up the plates, cutlery, cups as well as pots and pans. As soon as she's done with the dishes, she moves to grab the buckets and cleaning products they need for cleaning the cars.

Lucas walks towards his sister and takes a bucket off of her as does Cara. Lily and Sierra grab the sponges and follows the older ones out towards the cars.

Mia watches as her kids begin to clean the cars. She watches as Lily and Sierra take stuff out of the cars and places them in boxes, so Cara can hoover the car. Her warm-hearted smile instantly caught Rick's attention, as he climbs the steps towards her.

"Hey, Rick." She greets the man.

"Hey." He smiles at her. "Where's your dad at?" He questions her.

"He's inside." She responds to his question. "How's Carl doing now?" She asks the father.

"He's fine. He's getting there slowly but surely." He grins at her. "Oh, are they supposed to be doing?" Rick asks as he looks in the direction of the car cleaners.