➵ NINETEEN

NINETEEN

As Rick continues to stare into space, Mia turns to face her sister, who is staring at her

As Rick continues to stare into space, Mia turns to face her sister, who is staring at her. "What?" Mia asks.

"Olivia didn't making it back?" Maggie asks.

It's then that Mia notices that her eldest daughter didn't come out with her sister and Carl. Her eyes move around the courtyard where she didn't see her.

"What?" The red haired asks her sister.

"Olivia. She was going to come and get you, daddy and Rick." The brown haired woman states. "Did you guys not see her in the corridors?" Maggie then asks Glenn.

"No." He shakes his head.

Mia takes a few moments before making her way to the place Maggie came out of. "Mom!" Lucas calls out whilst the others call out for her.

The woman ignores them as she opens the gate. Opening the door up before following a trail of dead walkers, as she comes to the end of the trail she spots something shining in the light.

Her heart suddenly begins pounding as she gets closer and closer. Getting down onto her knees and picks the item up.

With a discouraged whimper, she crumples onto the ground. She wipes at her eyes but the tears fall any way. Hearing the familiar snarl behind her, she stands up and takes her knife from her belt before shoving it into the head of the walker.

She repeats the action over and over before she feels an arm wrap around her, she lets out a shriek but is met by the concerned face of Glenn.

He helps her stand up before he takes the knife from her hands.  "Your dad is worried about." He informs her. "Beth is helping your dad with the baby and looking after the others. Maggie and Daryl have went get some formula for the baby. But your dad needs your help with looking at the baby's health." He adds.

"I need to find her." Mia grits out as she snatches her arm from Glenn before continuing down the corridor.

"How do you even know she came down here?" He asks her.

He feels something being shoved into his hand, so he looks down as soon as he notices what it is his eyes widen. "She's down here and I'm gonna find her. Whether it's her alive, her as a walker or half of her body." Mia says as she takes off again after snatching the knife from his hands.

Glenn looks at her disappearing form before looking down at his hand. Letting out a sigh, he leaves in the opposite direction back to Hershel and the others. The young man shakes his head at Hershel when he sees him.

This makes the older man frown as he looks towards his other grandchildren who are sitting at the table with a similar expression. Lucas has his arm around a sobbing Sierra, who is curled into his side whilst Lily is staring into space.

Those kids have been though enough, he thinks to himself, they don't need this either.

His eyes then dart towards Carl who is in a familiar position to Lily, only he's staring down at his baby sister. The older man watches through the barred windows as the daylight slowly disappears and the moon slowly takes its place in the dark sky. As the evening progresses, Hershel instructs Lucas to take Lily and Sierra to their cells and make sure they get some sleep.