➵ TWELVE

TWELVE

Trigger warning: mentions of an eating disorder, self harm & suicidal thoughts

The earthy scent of compost fills her nose as she walks down the field. Her mother had shown her where they had buried her father. She wiped a stray tear from her eye before sitting down on the grass.

Her hands then move towards the bracelet sitting on her wrist. She plays with the bracelet. Silence is the best thing that's happening right now in her mind. No Shane telling everyone some bullshit, no mumbling from Lucas as he walks by Shane or no one asking if she's okay.

A large hand clapped down on her arm making her turn around and faces Carol, the grieving mother of Sophia. "I know you're probably sick of people asking this but I am sorry about your father." The woman tells her.

"Thanks. Actually you're the first person to say that." Olivia tells her. "Everyone else just keeps asking if I'm okay." She adds.

"Hey, you need to talk or something like. I'm here." The older woman smiles at her.

"Thanks, Carol." She nods at the woman who walks away.

Olivia takes a deep breath before standing up and moving up towards the house. She opens the door and walks into the house.

She spots Lori and Maggie in the kitchen. "We're just trying to keep it together till they get back." She hears Lori say.

"Things were good. Maybe I—" Maggie begins.

"Glenn's a big boy. He makes his own choices, and then you— do you have anything to apologise for?" Lori asks Maggie, to which the younger woman shakes her head. "Tell him to man up and pull himself together. Just don't say 'man up.' It never goes well." The older woman laughs at her comment.

"Let me just get these to Beth and Liv." Maggie begins causing Olivia to silently rush up the stairs to her room.

She closes her bedroom door and walks towards the window. She spots her siblings and Cara playing a game with Mia and Carol. She feels a tear slip down her face as she watches, she lifts up her hand up to her face to wipe it.

She hears a knock on her door, she opens it up and notices Lori standing there. The brown haired woman has smile on her face. "Hey, Maggie and I made you something to eat." She says as she enters the room.

"Thanks." Olivia says as she gives a small smile to her.

"Hey, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about Shane." Lori starts. "He's never ever been like that before. And I'm sorry about your dad." She adds.

"It's ok." Olivia responds as she takes the tray from Lori.

"Are you okay? You seem distracted." Lori asks her.