➵ ELEVEN

ELEVEN

Night drops on the rural world like a heavy curtain, hiding everything

Night drops on the rural world like a heavy curtain, hiding everything. Pale moonlight glimmered into the window of the bar. For several moments she stands unmoving, sweat pours down her body as she stands still.

"Holy shit." Glenn mumbles.

Rick glances back at Mia. "Are you okay?" He asks her, to which she nods her reply. "What about you two?" He asks Glenn and Hershel.

"Yeah." Glenn mutters.

Mia makes her way from behind the bar towards Rick and the others. Hershel and Rick share a look, the older man nods to Rick. "Let's head back." Hershel tells them.

Mia watches as Rick grabs Tony's gun, she watches as he stands back up and faces her. His eyes were fixed upon her face. "Are you sure that you're okay?" He whispers to her.

"No." She answers. "But I will be once I get back to my kids." She adds.

She follows behind Rick. One minute she's stood up and the next she's pulled down to the floor by Rick.

She holds her breath as she hears footsteps near where they're hiding. "Dave? Tony?" A male voice calls out. "They said over here?" The male questions the other people he's with.

"Yeah." The second male says.

"I'm telling you I heard shots." Another male states.

"I saw roamers two streets over. Might be more around here." The second male informs the other men.

"It's hot." The first male voice complains. "We gotta get out of here." He adds.

"Dave! Tony!" The third male calls out not giving a shit about the walkers.

"Shut up, you idiot! You wanna attract 'em?" The first man snaps. "Just stick close. We're gonna find 'em." He adds.

All of a sudden in the corner of the eye, she spots a shadow coming towards the door of the bar. "Dude, he said to stay close." The second voice scolds.

Mia's heart pounds really fast as she hears the heavy footsteps created a noise on the worn out steps of the bar. The sound grew as the men grew closer to the windows.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── ──────────────────

The front door to the farm house opens, Lucas walks through it. He's met with Dale who is helping his baby sisters and Carl putting a jigsaw puzzles together. He smiles softly as he walks over to take over from Dale.

"Luke!" Lily cheers as she hugs her brother.

"Hey, kiddo." He smiles at her. "Careful, Sierra." He tells his other sister who climbs onto his lap.