➵ SIX

SIX

The family make their way towards the front door and towards where the rocks are

The family make their way towards the front door and towards where the rocks are. Olivia, Cara and Beth help the two young girls with carrying the rocks that they pick up.

The burst of fresh cold air makes chill bumps rise on their skin. Olivia turns her head towards the entrance of the farm where she could hear the sounds of engines.

Her eyes widen at the sight of the camper van, car and motorcycle that get closer and closer.

Back inside the house Mia checks up on the young boy. "Fever's gone down." She notes.

"Baby." Lori says as she watches Carl move around on the bed.

"Carl?" Rick calls out.

"Sophia?" The young boy questions. "Is she okay?" He ask weakly.

"Fine." Rick responds. "She's fine." He adds.

"Rest." Lori instructs her son. "We'll be right here, okay?" She smiles weakly at him.

"Okay." Carl nods as he shuts his eyes.

The front door opening and closing makes them all turn around to face whoever it is. "They're here." T-Dog tells Lori and Rick.

Olivia and Cara stand with Maggie and Beth whilst Lucas keeps the girls distracted with collecting more rocks. Mia's eyes dart from each newcomer, then towards her daughter and her friend. The woman stands behind the two and watches the interaction with Rick and the others.

"How is he?" The man with hat on his head questions the father and mother.

"He'll pull through." Lori answers. "Thanks to Hershel, Mia and his people." She adds.

"And Shane." Rick then adds. "We'd have lost Car if not for him." He informs the group.

Olivia looks at Shane from the corner of her eyes and notices the guilt look written on his face as well as in his eyes. Feeling eyes on him, he turns and looks in the direction of Olivia.

The man's dark stare causes her to have a queasy feeling in her stomach. She quickly turns her attention back to Rick, who hugs the older man. "How'd it happen?" The man questions Rick.

"Hunting accident." Rick responds. "That's all... Just a stupid accident." He finishes.

Hershel then introduces himself and family to the rest of the newcomers. They then make their across the field for the memorial that Hershel had planned so that they could remember Otis.

Olivia is tasked with rounding up her younger siblings and bringing them over. The two girls have their hands intertwined with their sister and brother's hands.

When they get there the siblings stand in between their mother and grandfather. Cara stands on the other side Olivia, the service begins with everyone putting a rock on the pile. Lucas and Olivia carry the two girls so they could put their rocks on. Then they put their own rocks on pile with Beth following just behind them.