Part One: Trapped by the Grassy Mountains Chapter One

When I finally awoke, I felt a cold chill run down my back. I shivered, my whole body shaking. Why is it so cold? And where am I?

I looked around the chilly room. It was dark, apart from a little ray of light shining into the room from above. There was a small staircase that led up to the little hole in the ceiling. I then looked to my left to see a door. It was painted a dark brown, but it almost looked like it was black due to the lack of brightness in the room.

I stood up a little too fast, and I wobbled around a bit. Woah, steady, my mind told me.

I decided to walk over to the door first before going up the stairs. When I reached it, I let my hand hover over the handle for a bit. What's in here, I wonder..? I thought some more. Wait. Wasn't I supposed to be at Hope's Peak Academy? Was I... kidnapped? Is it still a good idea to be opening doors to unknown places like this? Questions shot in and out in my mind, and it almost felt like a hurricane of emotions were swirling around in my head. Confusion. Frustration. Fear. Worry. What the heck is happening?

After lots of thinking, I decided to open the door. My hand gripped the handle bar, and I attempted to turn it. Halfway through the turn, though, it stopped, and I wasn't able to open the door. Locked.

Well... I suppose this relieves the stress of what's behind the door... But it's still pretty suspicious.

I then stepped away from the door and started towards the weird hole in the ceiling. As I examined it, I realized that it was the shape of a square, and that I could probably fit through pretty easily.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was climbing the steps to reach the thing. I stopped about halfway, surprised at my body's idea to start moving. That same though popped into my head. Should I really be doing this? What if something dangerous is out there?

But... It was true that I didn't have anywhere else to go. There wasn't anything in that room besides a locked door. This was my only way out.

Based off of that assumption, I continued up the stairs, unaware of what I'd find on the other side.

When I reached the top, I popped my head out of the whole and began looking around. What I found... Was nothing like what I had imagined. I had previously thought that I was in some kidnappers house, or at least something along the lines of that. But this?

The first thing I saw was the sun. So I'm somewhere outside now? The floor of the new area I had just found seemed to be like stone tiles. I looked around a bit more.

Hills. Mountains. Trees and forests. I was somewhere in the wild.

"W-What the-!" I said out loud. I climbed all the way out of the hole. At that moment, right as I had pushed my body completely out of the whole and onto the tile, I heard a small whirring noise from behind me.

I spun around to see the little hole I had just come out of closing up. After a few seconds, it was completely shut, and it looked like there hadn't been anything there to begin with. You would've thought it was just another part of the floor if you hadn't just seen it close.

"Wait, what? It's closed now?" I was in disbelief. Why did it close? Is there another way to open it from out here? Can you control it at all from out here?

Suddenly, I heard a voice coming a from a few yards or so away from me. "Hey, is there someone else over there?" It was a girl's voice, soft and loud at the same time. It seemed to have a bit of a worried and confused tone, which seemed to match how I felt completely.

"Another one? How many are there?" This time, it was a boy's voice, annoyed and tired. It was rather clear, but had a bit of that raspyness to it.