Part 1/Chapter 14

There were lots of gasps, and I think Mirai's was the loudest. "Really?" Mirai asked, and Marje shook his head. "Oh my gosh! Marje, thank you!" little pools of water were beginning to wet her eyes.

Marje then tugged on Mars' shirt, and they leaned down so he could whisper into their ear. Mars didn't make an effort to move when they began to talk, since it was probably going to be decently long. "He says that he wasn't able to sleep very well last night, and he didn't get to bed until one in the morning," Marje whispered a little more, and Mars continued, "He says that he thinks it was about 12:30 A.M when he saw a bright light come from outside his window," a small break, and then, "He looked outside... and apparently saw Mirai next to a fire. After a bit, Mirai put the fire out and left, leaving a black spot in the grass behind the hotel. According to Marjie, at least."

"...A fire?" Chidori asked.

"Why w-would there b-be a fire..?" Yukiya asked.

"Mirai, what were you doing out there?" I asked her.

"...Well... I guess... the cat's out of the bag," she said with a sigh. Cat's... out of the bag? What was that supposed to mean..? What was she hiding?

"Look, Sachi, I hope you don't take this in a weird way... But..." she started, the water in her eyes now spilling onto her cheeks. "I... I saw how much you were shaking when you found the rope in your room. And then, when you came to get me the other day and I was in the bathroom? You... got so worried." she looked to the side.

"Woah, what a baby! You actually did that, Sachi?" Ishibuko said rudely.

"...Mirai, do you have to tell them this? Please... just tell them... what you were doing." I said slowly.

"Well, I didn't want you to worry anymore! And... And I didn't know how to help at first, but knowing about how scared you were of that rope... I decided to get rid of it, so you wouldn't have to worry anymore!" she said, her voice climbing in volume levels. "So... I got some matches and other things from the supermarket... and burned it, until it was nothing but ash."

In that moment, I felt my heart break. I... I had no idea she cared that much... DAMMIT! All she wanted to do was help me, and now I'm over here accusing her of murdering someone... I'm such a terrible person... I'm such a shitty friend... I wish-

"So what? You burned it because you had feelings for her?" Aoi asked.

"I-It's not like that!" Mirai shouted.

"Awww, Mirai that's so cute!" Tomoka smiled.

"S-Seriously, that's not it!" Mirai protested.

"You guys would be so cute together, though!" Haru added.

"GUYS!!" Mirai yelled.

Mars then began, "What? It's true-"

"L-Let's just move on..." I said, embarrassed.

"Heh... Homosexuals..." Amy snickered.

I didn't comment, but instead moved on. "So... that means that the rope on Shikumo... shouldn't have been the one from my room. So where did they get the rope found at the crime scene?"

"...Probably th-the s-supermarket..." Hikari answered.

"That would make sense." Allie agreed.

"So then Mirai isn't the killer, correct?" Izumi made sure.

"I think so..." I said.

"Thank goodness! I got worried for a second..." Mirai said with a large exhale.

"But what does this mean..? There aren't any clues that lead to the killer!" Aoi whined.

"...Actually, there is something I'd like to add." Amy said.

"Something to add?" Aiko asked.

"Well, I know we have already moved on from the topic, but I just remembered something rather... suspicious." Amy looked over at me. "Sachi, when we were all talking about the murder weapon, you said that you and Mirai both found the scissors and pitchfork behind hay, correct?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah. Why?"

"Well, whenever Allie and I were investigating, the pitchfork and scissors were lying on the floor, right in front of the entrance, not behind any hay. Is it safe to say that the two of you didn't move them?" she further explained.

"Yeah, we didn't move them or anything..." I said, beginning to think.

"And the barn was the first place we checked. That means we were the first to investigate there. So someone must have moved it after we left." she then looked at all of us, one by one. He paused, and then said, "Which means whoever moved it... was trying to hide them before anyone else saw. So that person... must be the killer."

"Ah! If that's true, then I have something I'd like to add!" Chidori said suddenly. "You see... when I looked inside the barn, I didn't see anything, either. So I must've arrived after the things were moved."

"And how exactly does that help with anything..?" Allie asked him.

"Well... Based on what Sachi said... I think I might have a clue... A decisive piece of evidence that might point to the killer."

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this one was kinda short-

but hehe i love it and yk why-