Part 3/Chapter 6

By now, I was already over to the three cabins on the side farthest from the entrance. Deciding on the one in the middle, I walked up three stairs and opened the door to the cabin.

Inside was a pretty basic layout, with just two regular, creaky-looking beds on each side, making four in total. Looks like my guess was right... I walked farther into the room. It seemed to be rather dusty, but nothing too terrible. The beds had mattresses and pillows, but no blankets or cases. It's so basic that it's boring... But I guess I should still look around a bit more...

I checked behind the door to see that nothing was there. You could tell that there wasn't anything on top of the mattresses either, so there was no point looking there. "Under the beds, maybe?" I asked out loud. I got down on my hands and knees and checked underneath each bed. Nothing... I sighed, and stood back up. But... After finding the grass around the non-lit, supposedly never used bonfire... Maybe there's more to it.

I stood in thought. There's gotta be things other than dust and mattresses here, right? It just feels way too empty. I snapped my fingers, and idea coming to mind. Maybe under the mattress, but not under the bed? I went over to the bed on the right, closest to the door. I wiggled my hand in between the mattress and bottom of the bed. Moving my hand back and forth, I realized there was nothing there. Well... There are still three other beds... I checked the other on on the right side, as well as the one on the left, closer to the door. Still nothing... So that just leaves this one in the far left corner... Though, my luck isn't doing too great, especially with not finding anything useful in here yet... Sighing again, I went to the last bed and checked it. Moving my hand in between the tight area, I felt something. My hand hit something solid, and I paused. Is there something...Under here...? Slowly grabbing the mysterious object, I pulled it out.

My eyes widened as I looked at what I had found. "A... Journal?" My eyebrows furrowed. "But... Who could this belong to? Has it been used yet?" I slowly opened the first page.

Day Six, Entry One

My name is Kou Amane. I've been in this wretched place for about a week now. But I've been doing as He asked, and I got this as a reward. Ever since I got here, I was given the name "One-Hundred" since I'm apparently the one hundredth person to come here. No one knows my real name except myself and Him, and we are forbidden to speak it. We are all assigned different names based on when we arrived. The first person to arrive is called "One", the second person is "Two", and so on.The only thing I can't seem to comprehend is why, from what I've counted, there are only forty people here. I've asked around, but everyone either gives me a cold expression or starts to cry. I'm beginning to think the worst...

The only person who has helped me at all is Ninety-Seven, who is one of my cabin-mates. He's shown me around the place, and introduced me to some of the others. He says he'll tell me more once the time comes, but I don't understand what he means. I'm planning on asking him tomorrow. Last time I asked though, which was yesterday, he said to wait two days. I'm not sure how to feel, given that tomorrow is the second day after he's said that.

Regarding why I am here, though... I have no idea. The only thing I remember is running from one of those monstrous Monokuma's, when suddenly, I was knocked out. When I woke up, I was here. I woke up in a cold room that turned out to be underground. There was a light in the room coming from an opening in the ceiling and a staircase leading to that opening. I exited the room that way, but as soon as I was out, the opening closed somehow, and I've never been there since. Some how, I think I've ended up in the mountains. The wilderness of all places.

When I arrived, He came out of no where and said He had saved me from the Monokuma, and brought me here for safety. But in return, I have to work for Him and do everything He says. I still can't understand why He would save me, though. Not to mention... If He saved everyone here... Then why doesn't anyone seem happy about it? Everyone here seems to be depressed. Maybe it's just the lingering thought of the Tragedy still going on. Who knows how many people are being slaughtered as I'm writing this...