Part 2: Hidden Memories And Friendships/Chapter 1

iTRIGGER WARNING!:

panic attack, grief, and just overall rly sad TvT

----------------------------------

It's now the next day. The day after... what all happened during the trial.

To sum it up, Shikumo Ishii, the Ultimate Hairstylist, was murdered by Aoi Lunwike, the Ultimate Nurse, in hopes of returning back home to see her friend.

Ever since then... it's just been plain waterworks for me. How can you not get upset? Especially when it's your fault. I mean... I was the one to point her out... Not only that, but I failed to save her. Maybe if I had just been quick enough... She'd still be here.

Just like-

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

I tensed. Someone was knocking on my door. I immediately jumped out of bed and shouted, "Who is it?"

"...It's Mirai. I came to get you for breakfast. It's fifteen minutes passed when we would usually meet up." she answered.

I let out a sigh of relief. I've been rather wary of everyone since yesterday, but I know that Mirai wouldn't do something as... as bad as that.

I decided to slip on my socks and shoes and made my way to the door. When I opened it, Mirai stood on the other side, waiting. "...Hey..."

"...Hey." I repeated. My eyes couldn't reach hers.

"So... Wanna get going?" Mirai asked, pointing towards the stairs leading to the lobby.

I nodded my head and we were on our way. By the time we reached the lobby, I noticed a few things.

One, everything was pretty quiet. Not a lot of people were talking, besides Yukiya and Hikari, who were having an almost silent conversation, and Marje, who I couldn't actually hear, whispering into Mars' ear.

Two, there was a feeling of unease wafting through the air. Everyone

seemed extremely on edge and shook. Not that I blame any of them. I feel the exact same.

Mirai and I went to sit down at one of the couches. We didn't really say anything to each other.

The room remained quiet. That is, until two certain people walked in.

"...Are you sure it was okay?" I heard one person ask.

"You did fine. It felt good, okay? Now quiet, before the others hear us." said another.

Suddenly, Allie and Amy both entered the room, looking tired and over-heated.

"Yeesh! What took you two so long?" Ishibuko burst.

Amy blushed. "N-Nothing that concerns you."

Allie didn't say anything.

Neither did I, but I thought it was pretty obvious what happened.

"...So... Anyway..." Tomoka started. "Did everyone sleep well?" she looked like she regreted asking as soon as the words formed. She seem to get a lot of stares, as if to say, "are you kidding me? Does it look like it?"

Not wanting her to feel bad, I spoke up, "Not well. You?"

"Same." she let out a sigh. "How can you, after something like that?"

Not much was said after that.

"...Wanna get something to eat?" Mirai asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, might as well."