Part Two/Chapter Three

I guess I must have been loud when all those thoughts were running through my head... Because, once again, I found a few people by my bedside, worried looks plastered on each of their faces. I counted, in total, three people. Mirai, Tomoka, and Chidori.

"...I honestly thought you were gonna be okay... What happened when we left?" Chidori asked, worried.

"...I... Don't know." I don't think I feel asleep or anything... but my eyes felt swollen. Maybe I was crying? Is that what this heaviness in my body is?

"...Is it something you wanna talk about?" Mirai asked.

"We're always here if you wanna!" Tomoka joined in, and Chidori nodded along with them.

"... I don't know," I repeated. I shook my head wearily. "I just feel... heavy... and.... it's like... my chest aches or something... I can't describe it."

"Your chest aches? Oh no, is something going on with her heart?! Like... Health issues?" Tomoka's voice started to rise in fear. "Shouldn't we get someone to help?"

No one said anything. Only Tomoka didn't realize. "Tomoka..." Mirai started. "...The only person that could've helped like that... Was Aoi."

Tomoka tensed. I heard her curse under her breath. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say anything..! Not like that!"

I put a hand out towards her. "It's okay. I know you wouldn't do it on purpose. Besides... I don't think it's heart issues." I admitted.

"Do you know what it is, then?" Mirai asked.

"...I think so." I looked down at my lap. "...This... It's happened

before. I'd rather not talk about it... But I'm not a stranger to death." I told them.

As expected, none of them really answered. After all. How can you really reply to something like that.

...But my guess was soon proved to be wrong as they all began apologizing. Lot's of "sorry's" and "I didn't mean to bring back any bad memories!", that type of thing. It surprised me a little, but I guess it was just about the only thing they could think of.

"It's okay. I promise. See?" I smiled a bit, though it felt fake. "I'm all good. Everything will be fine, okay? So don't worry about me. I'll be alright."

"... Sachi." Mirai said, almost too stern to be true.

"Hm?" I asked.

"... Let's go for a walk, yeah? It's good to get some fresh air at times like this." she then hld out a hand for me. I took it, feeling a little stubborn at first. In the end, though, I just didn't want to say no and disappoint anyone.

Mirai led me out of the room, the others following behind. "Hey, Sachi!" Tomoka shouted.

"Yeah?" I asked, turning back to face her.

"What's your favorite type of sweet?" she asked.

I already knew what she was going to do, but I tried to act clueless. "Uhm... Macaroons. Why?"

"No reason! Just... Go on that walk, okay? See you two when you get back!" she winked and sped past us, probably eager to get to the kitchen.

"... Do you want some privacy? I assume that you guys will wanna be alone." Chidori asked.

"If you don't mind, then that'd be great." Mirai replied.

"Got it. I hope everything goes well." Chidori then waved and started in the other direction.

"Where are we going?" I asked as soon as we were alone.

"I was thinking of just going for a walk. Maybe stopping by the supermarket to pick up some things, if you don't mind." she said.