Part 2: Deadly Life/Chapter 10

Yukiya... Is... Dead..? I thought. Or maybe I said it out loud. I don't know anymore. All I know I that... They've been killed. And that it's starting again. The killing.

"But... H-How..?" Hikari sniffed. "Why..?!" I could see tears streaming down her face. "And who..? Who would do this to them..?"

Before I could stop her, she slowly pushed her body forward, forcing herself to go towards Yukiya.

"Hikari, don't-!" Mars shouted, but Hikari wouldn't listen.

Instead, she just plopped right in front of Yukiya's body and stared down at them. Stared, for a long, agonizing amount of time. No one did anything to stop her. Soon, you could hear sobs escaping her mouth, and Hikari collapsed, attaching herself to Yukiya.

"Dammit..! She's going to mess with the evidence! Someone move her!" Izumi shouted. Nobody moved. "Fine..! Let me, then!" Just as she started forward, I ran in front of her, blocking her way.

"I'm not going to let you pass me. Stay away." I said, trying to sound as stern and serious as I could.

"The hell-? You know that she could mess up some of the evidence, don't you?!" she shot back.

"Her best friend just died. She's never going to see them again. At least let her have some time to accept it. She's still..." I searched for words, but failed. "Just... Leave her alone." I say instead.

Izumi looked at me- no, glared at me. Another sob rang through the air. "W-What's this..?" Hikari asked herself. I looked back to see her holding a slip of folded paper, probably the one that was on Yukiya's lap. She unfolded it and started to read whatever was written on it.

"... "I'm sorry, everyone. The pain and grief... It was just too much

to handle. I didn't want things to end like this, but I was afraid of burdening you all with my problems. I hope you all can move on after this, and I hope that you all don't mourn me. But this seems to be the end... Goodbye." Signed... Y-Yukiya Yasu..." Hikari sniffed.

"... Don't tell me... A suicide note..?" Tomoka asked.

"S... Suicide..?" I muttered. I shook y head. "Th-There's no way it was... s-suicide..."

"Sachi..? Are you... okay..?" Mars asked me.

"I... I..." failed to get a grasp on my words. I stood there, stuttering like an idiot.

"It's okay to say no. Something like this... Could throw anyone off." Mars reassured me.

"... Hikari." I randomly said.

"... H-Huh..?" she replied.

"C-Come here..." I stuttered.

She looked at me, her eyes glazed over, tears spilling down her face. She slowly nodded though, and stood. She came over to me. I tried my best to smile for her, but I failed. So instead, I just moved forward and embraced her. She stood there for a moment, but soon wrapped her arms around me, as well. I wanted to smile, but couldn't bring myself to. "It... I know it's hard... But... We have to move forward, okay? Keep them in out memories." I said.

I felt her nod and sob as quietly as she could into my shoulder.

"Are... You guys done..?" Ishibuko's voice rang out. "Because... I mean... Shouldn't we be... Investigating..?" he asked.

"Upupupupupu..!" the all familiar laugh of Monokuma pierced the air. Hikari let go of me, and the two of us tried to find the sorce of the voice. Soon, we found that he was at our right. "Well, would you lookie here! Yukiya's dead! How despair-inducing!" he laughed again.