Part 1: Deadly Life/Chapter 9

Me and Mirai both let out a horrifying, blood-curdling scream. What happened..? No... Shikumo!! Why did he..?

I looked down at his face. His eyebrows were upturned in a worried and hurt manner, and his eyes looked like they were tightly closed. His mouth lay slightly ajar, and all color in his face was gone.

We had touched him... we touched him, and he was dead... and so, so cold... No... I shivered, wanting to keep screaming. I knew it wouldn't do anything, though.

"S-Sachi.. Th-This isn't happening... r-right..?! Tell me this isn't happening!" Mirai shouted, now staring at me with an intent look in her eyes. Just inside them I could see tiny pools of water. They almost matched mine perfectly, except I actually had water spilling down my face.

"I-I... I ca't..! I-I'm... I'm sorry, b-but... I think this is... real..!" I struggled to say.

"Then why isn't anything happening?! Why aren't we doing anything!?" she yelled.

9. If three or more people discover a corpse, then the body discovery annoncement will go off.

That's right..! The only people who found his... that found Shikumo... were me and Mirai!!

"Mirai..." I said, watching her cry a bit.

"W-What..?" she sniffed.

I stood up slowly. "Come on. Follow me."

"What? Y-You mean... Leave him..?! But how can we-" without letting her finish, I grabbed her wrist and yanked her up, lifting her off the ground. Once she got to her feet, I began to drag her away from Shikumo.

"We need to leave..!" I told her.

"No! We can't-"

"We're going to come back, I promise. But for us to even begin to help in any sort of way, we need the... the discovery announcement to go off." I explained.

We began to jog. "Th-The wha-?"

"They discovery announcement. It's supposed to go off or something when... when something like this happens. But that can only happen if three or more people come across... what we just saw." I said, trying to avoid the painful words that were embedded into my brain.

Mirai didn't say anything, so I just continued to drag her along, afraid she'd stop if I didn't. We were about at a sprint now, and we were out of the farm area. We just needed to come across one more person. One more-

"Sachi? Mirai? Woah, hey, slow down. Why are you guys running?" I turned to my left to see Chidori in the flesh.

I stopped, and Mirai almost ran into me from the suddeness of it. "Chidori! Can you please come with us? To the farm?" I asked quickly.

"Yeah, I was just headed over there to... Hey, were you guys crying? What's... going on?" his words became more cautious as he continued.

"Nevermind that!" I yelled. "Please, this is an emergency! Just come with us!"

He didn't hesitate to speak. "Okay, I'm coming. Lead the way," and with that, the three of us began sprinting back to the farm, and eventually into the fields of corn.

When we neared the spot where we found Shikumo, I began to slow down, and I finally let go of Mirai, who stopped speaking altogether. "Chidori... Look... what you're gonna see is... not what you think. Maybe. Just... please don't freak out like we did..." I don't want to hear any more screams... It's too quiet for that.

"Seriously, you guys, what's going on?" he asked again.

"...You'll see," Mirai finally said, and she was the first to start towards the area.

When we came to the place, you could only see the broken post at first. "Um... Wasn't that where the scarecrow was..?" Chidori asked. "Did something happen to it?" he had no idea what was happening. "Look, if that's what happened, then why are you guys crying? Do you guys really like scarecrows or something..?"

"No... that's not the issue here. Come with us." I said, motioning for him to come forward. He did, and Mirai fell back behind us. I didn't blame her. It's definitely... not something I'd want to see, either.

We finally came to a point where we could see some blood, and one of the arms. I heard Chidori gasp as he rushed ahead of me, trying to get a better vie of what lie on the ground. I soon saw his eyes go wide, wider than I would've thought possible. He covered his mouth, and he had a look of terror plastered on his face. He shook his head, like he didn't want to believe what he was seeing, just like Mirai and me.

He then quickly moved over to the side where we couldn't see him, far away from Shikumo's cold body. There was a pause, and then I heard retching. It was stopped short bye a BEEP BEEP BEEP noise. Where is that even coming from..?

"DUN DUN DUUUUN! GUESS WHAT KIDDOS! THIS IS A BODY DISCOVERY ANNOUNCEMENT! GET YOUR AR-SE'S OVER TO THE FARM, STAT!" It was Monokuma's voice. There was another BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Despite what was happening, I let out a sigh. At least... the others should be coming now... I then realized how heavily I was breathing, due to the run from here and back. But that breathing soon turned into hyperventilating. A terrible, wretched memory came to mind.

"I'm so sorry for your loss..."

"No! No, not again! Stop!" I fell to the ground, collapsing under the weight of the voices pressing in against me.

"We found her body the next morning. It turns out she used he bedsheets to-"

"Stop! No!!" I started crying again. I heard faint footsteps running towards me, and then a warm hand on my shoulder.

"We're so sorry, honey... This can't be easy on you..."

"Of course it wasn't! Shut up!!" I screamed. There was someone talking, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. The only things I could hear were the other ones... Nurses, doctors, Mom, Dad...

"Ahahaha... Well, I guess we'll just have to stick together 'till the end, huh?"

"Shut up! If you were being honest, then you never would've left!!" I shouted. "Why? Why?! WHY!?"

I can't believe you had to go...

Hi-

"...Sachi! Please, stop-!"

Then came the screams.