Part Three/Chapter Seven

"N-No... What...?" I looked at the page in disbelief. "D-Despair...? But... What... What happened? Why... Why did he even write something like this...?" I shook my head. "No, I need to see if there's more pages." With that thought in mind, I turned to the next page.

But, before I could read any of what it said (if there even was anything on the page), the journal was ripped out of my hands. Confused, I looked around, only to see the very black and white bear that was holding us captive here.

"Woopsie daisy, I didn't realize this was here! Well, I guess I should confiscate it!" Monokuma shouted in his high-pitched, raspy voice.

"W-Wha? B-But-!"

"Aw, come now, don't whine like a baby! I thought you were a teenager! Now be a good girl and get your ass outta here!!" Monokuma pointed to the door.

"...Fine." I said, not exactly happy. But I wasn't really mad either. I was too focused on trying to figure out what may have happened here before we were all brought to this place. I mean, our situations seem so similar. So similar, in fact, that I wouldn't be surprised if the person described as "Him" is the one behind Monokuma. I mean, something's gotta be controlling him, and... She died a long time ago, at least a year and a half.

Trying to conjure up some type of theory as to what, or even who, had happened in the time of that journal, I turned around and walked out of the cabin.

Remembering that I was supposed to still be investigation, I check the other two cabins. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything else other than dust bunnies and beds in the other two. Finished with my search, I headed to the middle of the campground, where I saw Mirai and Tomoka waiting for me.

"Sachi! Are you alright? You took a long while..." Mirai asked.

"I'm sorry... But... I think I found something. A clue of some sorts." I mentioned.

"A... Clue...? What did you find?" Tomoka questioned.

"Well, I was searching that middle cabin over there," I pointed to the cabin in question, "And I found a journal that was filled with different entries."

"A journal? And it has entries in it? What was it about?" Mirai inquired.

"I don't know how to describe it... It was this person, who was kidnapped by this guy, but they never say his name, and instead they just call him... Well, "Him." Apparently everyone was forbidden to use their real names and instead they were called numbers; the person writing in the journal was One-Hundred.

"Each one of them were told that they were saved from the Tragedy and the Monokuma's wandering around the streets, which makes me think that the Tragedy was still going on at the time... Anyway, apparently, each week there were executions. It seems like most of the people there stayed in the hotel or these cabins. The people from One-Hundred's cabin kept getting executed, it seems. There was an uprising, too, but everyone that participated were executed as well.

"And... After the entry that talked about the uprising, there was a page that just said... "Despair"... in big, capital letters... In total, he was there for eighteen days, at the very least. I wasn't able to find out anything more, because Monokuma ripped the journal out of my hands before I could look at the rest of it." I explained.

"That's... A lot of information..." Tomoka noted. "But it's likely that it'll come in handy later on."

"... You know..." Mirai started. "I wonder if the reason the bonfire looks all used was because the people described in that journal used it."

"That actually makes a lot of sense." I put a finger to my chin. "Yeah, that's probably it. I can't think of anything else."

"So... What now...? That pretty much wraps up the investigation, right?" Tomoka asked.