Part 3/Chapter 4

I took another sip of water once Mirai left. I... I can't believe myself... I somehow managed to forget about them... All of them... Even... Even Hina. How could I have forgotten? It was a year or so ago... And... I know that she's really gone... I know that they're gone, yet... I forgot. How could I have done that...? I'm such a terrible, horrible person... Such a disgrace, and such an idiot. I don't deserve to have-

There was a knock on my door. "C-Come in...!" I semi-shouted.

The door opened, and on the other side was Hikari and Mirai. "H-Hey S-Sachi...! Are you feeling a-any better...?" Hikari asked, a hopeful look in her eyes.

"I think so." I lied.

"Th-That's great...! M-Make sure you drink all that water I-I got you...! You need t-to stay hydrated...!" she told me.

"I will, thanks. I said simply. "In fact, I'm feeling a lot better. I think I could probably get to work today." I said, slowly moving my legs to the side of my bed and onto the floor.

"W-Wait...! Maybe you should hold on for a second!" Mirai suggested, the urgency in her voice as clear as day.

"I'll be fine, I promise. As long as I don't overdo it, I'll be fine." I said.

"That's t-true, but... I m-mean... You stayed up all night working on that artwork... M-Maybe you should get some rest...!" Hikari insisted.

"No, I'll be fine. I got my sleep. Besides, I stay up late all the time, so I'm used to it...!" I said, trying to convince them.

"Is that really healthy, though?" Mirai asked.

"I guess it depends on how you view it." I answered.

"I-I guess that d-does make sense..." Hikari stuttered. "W-Well can you at least promise us that if you're tired, you'll t-take a nap...?"

"I promise." I said, nodding my head. "But, if you don't mind... I was going to work on some music. Is that alright?" I asked.

"O-Oh, yes...! I'm s-sorry... I didn't mean to k-keep you or anything...!" Hikari apologized.

"She has a point. We'll go ahead and let you be, okay? Let us know if you need anything." Mirai said. The both of them waved and smiled, and then closed the door.

I stood slowly, making sure I didn't get up too fast. I let out a small yawn and made my way to the desk. Now where did I put that music...? I spotted the music sheets on the corner of the desk, tucked to the side so it wasn't in my way. I grabbed it and smiled. Even... Even if you're gone, I'll make sure to finish this. I promise.

* * *

About an hour later, there was a sudden DING DONG BING BONG! noise. My eyes widened. Last time I heard that... Was last night... And Yukiya, they-

"Up and at 'em kiddos! Well, I suppose it's a little late for that since is it's 10:30, but who the 'eff cares!?" the voice of Monokuma rang out on a speaker. "Anyway, as a little gift from me to you, I have a small surprise for you all! Please go check out the second area! See y'all there! Bye for now!"

"The second area...?" I said out loud. "Maybe... Maybe that means that there's another area opened up to us?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Either way, I should probably get going."

And just like that, I put away the sheet music and left my room, making my way to the second area.

---

short chapter but the next one may be longer >.>