Part 1/Chapter 2

No. No, no, no. This can't be happening. There's no way... There's no way we're-

"A killing game? Are you out of your mind? That only happened during the Tragedy!" Aoi exclaimed.

Allie then spoke up. "And I suspect that it may have something to do with it. The Tragedy."

"Something to do with the Tragedy? But it's over!" Mars protested. I saw Marje shook his head up and down, agreeing with his sibling.

"Well if that were true, then this wouldn't be happening." Izumi said.

"What? Are you saying that..." Chidori started, unable to finish.

"Exactly. It would seem that someone is trying to prolong it. If this is like the other 'game', then somebody is controlling that bear." Izumi finished.

"But how could-! I thought that..!" Mirai tried.

"Well we all seemed to think that but it's obvious we were wrong." Amy said rather rudely.

"Hey! I'm right here, y'know!" the bear let out a sigh. "Though I suppose it can't be helped. Jeez! Teenagers really do have the worst attitudes, huh?" Monokuma then began to approach us. I took a step back, but the bear didn't stop. After a few more steps forward, he stopped. "Look. You guys know the procedure."

"Procedure?" Chidori asked.

"Exactly. The graduation procedure." Monokuma said.

"W-What..?" I heard Yukiya say quietly.

"Oh, come on! Surely you guys know what happened during the other killing games!" Monokuma said boastfully.

"Games?" I asked, emphasis on the 's' in the word.

"Oh. Shit. Well, yeah, there was technically more than one." he confessed.

"How many were there?" Shikumo asked, keeping his composure together.

"Only two." Monokuma answered. "You see, the second one wasn't a complete and total one... Not exactly. But enough about that! This is about you!"

"W-Why were we even brought here?" Hikari asked quietly.

"Are you even listening, sweetie pie? You're all in a killing game!" the black and white bear repeated.

"I-I know, but... Well... We're in the mountains, the wilderness. That's a lot different than the first k-killing game..." says Hikari. That's right... The first one was held in Hope's Peak itself, right?

"Honey, do ya' really think I'm gonna tell you everything straight from the beginning? Hell to the no! If you all thought that, then maybe you're dumber than I thought!" he said in a high-pitched tone.

"So does that mean you'll tell us more as we get through this?" Amy asked. "Once someone-"

"No!" I found myself yelling. "That's not gonna happen! There's no way!" I told them, just as much as myself. I refuse to believe that someone would... That someone would actually-

"Don't you think that that's exactly what the other people before us said? Now look at them Almost half of their class is gone." Amy said, almost forcing reality onto me.

"That's because..! Well we won't be the same! We can learn from their mistakes!" I said, looking around at everyone.

"Right. She's right. We have to believe in everyone!" Tomoka agreed.

"I agree, too. If we don't, then all kinds of bad things will happen." Mirai said, nodding in agreement.

Most of the others also agreed, and I looked back at Amy. "See? As long as we-"