Part 1/Chapter 6

When I had woke a couple hours ago, it was in the middle of the night. I got so freaked out that I couldn't breathe. I wanted to grab some water from the kitchen, but... Well, I didn't think that was a good idea. So, I ended up staying awake the whole night, trying not to think of my dream or the situation we were in. It was hard, and there were times where the thoughts creeped in, but I was able to mostly block them out.

When it was about 8:00 A.M. (according to my e-Handbook) I made my way down to the lobby. My stomach had been growling for a while, but I hadn't made an effort to get out of bed because of what I thought might happen. If I'm being honest, though, I still really didn't want to leave the room, for obvious reasons.

Luckily for me, there was actually already people beginning to crowd downstairs. I still didn't see Mirai, so I figured that she was still sleeping.

With nothing else to do, I went ahead and sat on the couch. So here I am now, with nothing to do. I honestly wanted to go get Mirai so I had someone to talk to, but I didn't want to disturb her sleep.

"Hey, Sachi!" I looked up to find Haru in front of me.

"Oh. Hey, Haru. What's up?" I asked, not expecting her to be there.

"Well, I don't really have anyone to talk to, since Aiko isn't up yet. Can I sit and talk with you?" she asked.

"Sure. I don't really have anyone to talk to either, so it works for me," I told her.

She went ahead and sat down next to me. "So what do you wanna talk about?" she asked me.

"Um... Well... I don't know." I sighed. I could only think about Mirai... I really hope she's okay...

"Well, what did you think of Tomoka's baking yesterday? I personally really like it! I love chocolate chip cookies!" she smiled a huge grin at me.

"I mean, how could you not love them? And they were still warm when I got one, so I'm sure that made it even better." I answered.

"I wonder what the dough tastes like... Have you ever tried it? The dough?" asked Haru.

"Yep! It's really good." I told her.

"What does it taste like?" she asked.

"Um... I don't know. Like dough?" I sighed. "It's hard to explain."

"Is it more creamy? Or is it hard?" she continued.

"Um... Well it's usually really thick. And it's usually cold, since it hasn't been baked yet." I explained.

"Really? I wonder what it tastes like... Maybe Tomoka will have to teach me!" she giggled.

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind! Mirai and I, we were planning on baking with her sometime. Maybe you could join?" I told her. "I'm sure Tomoka wouldn't mind!"

"That sounds like so much fun! I think I will!" she laughed again.

"Haru? What are you doing..?" I turned to my left to see Aiko standing next to me.

"Well, you weren't here when I was, so I thought I'd go ahead and talk to Sachi! But I can talk with you now, since you're here!" she sprung up off the couch, just like a little ball of energy. "Sorry, Sachi! I'll talk to you later, though!" she waved, and so did Aiko. Those two seem to be good friends...

"Is everyone here now?" I heard Izumi yell over all the small chatter in the room.

"Um..." I said, looking around for Mirai. "I think Mirai is still in bed..."

"A late sleeper, I suppose. Well, I'll just continue." Izumi said, not seeming to care.

"Wait! I'll go check on her... I'm sure it's fine... and I'll be quick, I promise." I told her.