from

hello!! thank you so much for 3k views and 150 votes! :)

here's the question of the chapter!

almonds or cashews?

i like both but i prefer almonds wayy more

thank you for reading and have a great day/night!!

17 : the calm and storm

eiko headed out. 

most of the slayers had passed her training in the past few months, and she was sent out to investigate some weird eyeball thing the kakushi had reported. 

she and kanao were on their way, kanao saying that she felt something off and wanted to spend time with eiko. 

just in case something happened.

after giving instructions to the few slayers who were at her station for extra training, they headed out.

she could see the moon peak out of the clouds as the last rays of sunlight went down. they walked around the premises of the training areas, until they spotted it. 

the eyeball.

eiko swooped down and grabbed it with her hand, the eyeball being crushed in the process. she opened her hand to see bits of the eyeball, and the faint engraving of the upper moon 4 words on it has it disintergrated. 

before they could say anything, a caw was heard and they were sent on a mission. 

"caw! caw! head to kiyashi shopping ward! a demon has been spotted!"

the two furrowed their eyebrows and looked at each other.

it had been about 6 months since the last demon attack was reported, since they had saw a demon. the sudden appearance of the demon indicated something, but what?

with a nod, the 2 rushed off, the screams becoming more and more evident as they got closer and closer to the shopping ward. they could see the bright orange of the flames signaling endeavour was there, and the shouting of ultimate moves. 

she recognised one voice over the others and turned to kanao. "they just got their lisenses, right?" 

she nodded. kanao been there to take the exam as well, being the first to pass the first round. she got her lisense to, not knowing what to actually do with it since she was not aiming to be a hero. 

she saw people, specifically heros and some of her classmates fighting a demon. the demon's maniacal laughter resounded in the air as its arm popped right back in position after a while. the heros had apparently been called for backup as they couldn't defeat the one demon causing destruction to the civillians.

"you think you humans can stop me?" he sneered at them activating his blood demon arts. a bunch of paper planes can soaring through the air straight at the heros and civillians like a dart,  slicing through the still air. 

eiko saw a bunch of explosions try to combat the paper planes. "the whole class is here...? what?" she brushed that aside and kanao and eiko jumped in. there was no way they could defeat the demon. "i'll go for the head." kanao nodded and she jumped in to destroy the planes, and eiko went for the head.