prolouge

being born in the age of quirks, eiko dreamt of pursuing a career as a professional hero just like any other kid.

this dream however, was shattered as soon as she turned four, and was deemed to be part of 20% of the population who were quirkless. 

her world broke and she lost friends.

friends who belived that the quirkless were below the quirked. 

everything changed when she was seven, and she was exposed to the world of demon slayers, where she had chanhed her dream and goal from being a prohero to a demon slayer.

being one of the most powerful slayers in the whole corps.

a hashira.

she trained hard, and no longer was she ashamed of her quirkless status, but rather, she was proud of it.

her classmates were confused but took it as a sign to not mess with her ever again.

the world of demons and demon hunters was kept hidden from the public by the government, in fear that there would be a nation wide panic at the news of it. 

the demon slayer corps was a hidden society of slayers all across japan, all quirkless, all carrying the secret. one could be a cashier by day and slayer by night, but most tended to dedicate their entire lives  and all their time to the eradication the demons.

eiko was no different, and as soon as she inherited the hashira position with her cousin muichirou after her parents and his legal guardians died one after another during an encounter with upper moon one, she dedicated her whole life to demon slaying.

and all these was kept away from anyone she knew though there were exceptions, and no one suspected a thing.

the hidden world of rage, sadness, desperation and fear was all buried behind masks of happiness, joy, laughter and smiles.

she, along with every demon slayer, kept their job of demon slaying away from the eyes of the public and there was no way anyone would suspect her real job unless you dig deep down, beneath the surface of everything she put up.