eyes

first update of 2024!! sorry it took a while, school just started for me and i'm already dying.

here's the question of the chapter::

what's your favourite subject in school?

my favourite is biology !!

thanks for reading and have a night day/night!!

ps: we're reaching the end of this book soon

20 : duties to carry out

shinsou swung his sword at the demon approaching to close for comfort. he knew that since the demon slayers were busy killing the swarm of demons, he would have to be the one looking out for any demons that slipped past the slauers and hold them off until one was free to kill the demon. 

shinsou had tried again and again (a total of seven tries) to use a breathing style, but him being born with a quirk and his lack of practice over the years made it extremely hard, amd he eventually stopped, using the sword like a normal person would without breaths.

every now and then, a crow would fly in, reporting news.

"upper moon three has been defeated by these three! giyuu! tanjirou! kyojuro!"

"upper moon two has been defeated by shinobu! kanao! inosuke!"

these announcements, along with the hours to sunrise, instilled hope within the slayers and gave them motivation.

"come on!" one of the demon slayers among the seven who were protecting the heros said. "if the hashira are all securing wins, we need to do our part too!"

"yeah! if eiko sama and tokito sama, the youngest, can do it, so can we!"

"shinsou, please give us an explanation." aizawa asked, patience wearing thin, the lack of sleep hitting him.

"yea. why are they cuttung off the villian's head? i get that they are villians but as heros, we shouldn't kill." mirko added.

"lucky for them, they aren't heros." came shinsou's mumbled reply. he almost snapped at them right there and then.

there he was, trying to save their lives and possibly killing his lungs in the process, amd they wanted an explanation? they wanted him to talk and waste precious oxygen taken in?

"what do you mean?" came some of his classmates voices. "who are they? where are we?"

"we are demon slayers, and the villians we are killing are man eating demons." a slayer said. the demons had stopped approaching, possibly cause they had erdicated all of the weaker ones sent their way. "we are part of the demon slayer corps and are a number in the hundreds. we have existed since ancient times to hunt down demons and we are recgonised and sort of funded by the government."

"which took forever for them to do so." a grumble was heard. "hey! i'm not wrong! they only recognise us cause only we can stop the demons!"

"demons?" endeavoir's deep voice piped up, flames still lit and burning. "you really think we are dumb enough to fall for that? that stupid childhood bedtime story used to keep kids indoors and asleep?"

"those are not fairytales endeavour. these demons are real."

"who are you tricking?" bakugo asked with a sneer. "only a young child woud fall for that!"