epilouge

tbh i'm not the most satisfied with this... might rewrite this if i end up with a better idea on the epilouge. sorry this took so long!

here's the last question of the chapter for this book::

showers in the morning or showers at night?

showers at night for me. i'm don't have the time to shower in the morning before school and the feeling of being clean right before you sleep is really nice :))

 once again thank you for reading and have a nice day/night!!

epilouge:

kanao sat infront of eiko's grave, kaburamaru wrapped around her neck, giving her a comforting squeeze and hiss.

kaburamaru had been her main form of comfort apart from tanjirou and aoi after the final battle. she had received him from the former serpant hashira after his death to assist her since both her eyes were blinded.

the two had quickly bonded, with kaburamaru being overprotective of kanao from everyone.

except tanjirou.

the snake seemed to love tanjirou.

"hello eiko...how are you up there? are you with your family?" 

a warm breeze blew and kanao took that as a yes from eiko.

her reasoning was that happiness was a feeling that made you feel warm. 

and the breeze was warm.

and she swear she heard eiko's voice replying to her sometimes.

maybe she was going crazy.

she felt a presence behind her but didn't saw anything, continuing to sit in the oddly comforting silence.

"boo!" shoto jumped her. 

"oh hi." kanao said.

ever since kanao had awoken from the coma she was in after the final battle and healed up rather nicely, she spent her days alternating between tanjirou and shoto, getting close with her long lost brother.

they often visited eiko's grave together, and shoto often apologised for assuming that she was a murderer. he was the only one in class who knew where her grave was, the rest to embarrassed to ask him or shinsou, except tokoyami.

shoto had now changed, becoming more lively, happy and mischivious.

he plopped himself beside his sister and stroke up a conversation.

"tokito san was a nice person." he said quietly. "she saved two of my classmates. she was a true hero."

"yes, eiko is a true hero. i can't count the number of times she had my back."

the two chatted about eiko before they got intk an arguement on whether soba was better or ramune was better.

"there you are kanao!" tanjirou exclaimed. "aoi's about to finish cooking dinner!"

he noticed shoto. "you're welcomed to join us, todoroki kun!"

shoto had also grown close to the kamaboko squad.

he declined.

"i'll be eating dinner at the dorms today." he said, bidding goodbye to kanao and tanjirou who walked off together, hand so close together that he just wanted to push them together, tell them to hold hands already, tell them to date.

it was so obvious!

"boo!" unfortunately for shoto, his sense were not as sharp as kanao's and he got the shock of his life, as the voice appeared from what seemed to be an empty graveyard.

and unluckily, he fell on his butt, controlling his quirk so as to not release an ice tower in the graveyard.

"who...? midoriya? guys? what on earth are you doing here?"

"sorry todoroki." midoriya said sheepishly. "we're here to pay our respects and to apologise."

the class nodded. 

"we asked shinsou and he brough us here." uraraka said.

and so they did, some taking longer than others to talk to eiko.

while all that was happening, shinsou visited the graves of the other hashiras who died in battle and eiko's parents, the ones who trained him.

"how do you know so many people here?" kirishima asked.

"this is the corp's graveyard. this is where all those who died in combat are buried." and the class looked out towards the stretch of graves.

they were all feeling guilty.

"so while we were living in our own world, they were the ones protecting us." momo mumbled, but everyone heard.

maybe they were too quick to judge eiko's actions.

"and it would have continued like that if we didn't witness it for ourselfs...we would still be living under the impression that those demons were not real. that we were the true heros, when the corps members are the true heros..." midoriya said, the air serious.

"they sacrificed everything for a peaceful world where the demons did not exist. a world that most couldn't live in..."

"thank you for everything." the class said unanimouslt, bowing at the many graves, expressing their deepest gratitude.

and they learnt that should be so quick to judge.

after all, no one knows what secrets someone could be hiding, secrets that would explain someon's actions, beneath the surface.