~𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘶𝘣~

~The Pub~

Summary:

Running a pub both had it's pros and cons, having to run the place nearly day in and day out. And some of it's pros was seeing that professor back at Hogwarts whenever he'd come to visit.

"Anything to drink, Brocklehurst?" Y/N asked the Ravenclaw girl sitting there as she entered.

"Just one butterbeer for me, thank you." She said while having some parchment with her.

Y/N immediately went over to the back to whip up the drink Brocklehurst had asked her, also being focused on several other orders patrons needed.

Being a bartender at the Three Broomsticks bugged Y/N a tad bit, it wasn't the most desired profession Y/N had in mind, nor did she ever dream about being as such.

It was almost as if she had little to no choice for a living and had to stick with this one.

It wasn't too miserable for Y/N, though again, she'd be quite stressful with a few things. She couldn't really apply for any other job besides this.

Out of all the jobs in the world this is what she got herself into, she could've gotten a small time job at the ministry or even a full time one like ninety percent of other witches and wizards.

She wasn't too disappointed as she was getting a good paycheck, and a few of her friends coming in every once in a while, though there has been a bit of a gap between her and the rest.

It wasn't like Y/N felt completely empty and dead on the inside, no, she still liked her job somewhat but would still doubt herself at times. She thought that meeting a few witches and wizards in the pub as they hung out with one another was a bit nice for her to be almost out in the field.

But the main thing that has kept her going was her secret relationship with Severus. That potions professor back at Hogwarts who would often times go by the pub all to see Y/N.

The two had met during their Hogwarts days but weren't really friends until their fourth year where they got a bit close, and Severus was almost like Y/N's actual friend that's left.

They would go out with each other once they had started dating but now, not so much. Sometimes they'd go for a butterbeer talk or some sweet old walks elsewhere.

The only sense of life and joy she had.

Speaking of which, it was when Y/N heard a familiar voice as she was cleaning yet another beer glass,

"What does a professor need to get a drink from around the place?" Y/N felt herself smirk a bit to herself as she turned around to see Severus in his thick traveling cloak.