Chapter 3

At Kashi :

"You are always in the ground. Pay some attention to this beauty who is sitting her and waiting for you from past 1 hour." Nandini said dramatically removing sweats from her forehead.

"Wait for sometime more, this is the last lesson I promise." Shakti shouted back from the ground.

"As you say, General." Nandini said with pouted lips.

After sometime :

"I always tell you to not to come here in afternoon but you never listen." Shakti said shaking her head.

"It's because I miss my best friend most in the afternoon. Any problem with that General?" Nandini said looking directly into Shakti's eyes.

"No princess." Shkati said laughing before sitting near Nandini. "So, what did you bring today?" Shakti said looking at the big pot that Nandini brought with herself.

"Gulab jamun." Nandini replied.

"Really?!." Shakti asked excited. "Give it to me." Shakti said snaching it from Nandini.

"You have to promise me something." Nadini said snaching it back from Shakti.

"Anything for Gulab jamun." Shakti said ready to agree on any condition of Nandini.

"You have to take me to today's night market." Nandini said.

"Impossible, it is the king's direct order to not to let you out of the palace." Shakti instantly rejected.

"Oh really!" Nandini said standing up with the pot in her hands. "Then forget about the Gulab jamun." She said before she started to walk.

"Aish! Don't get angry." Shakti hold Nandini's and made her sit on her previous place. "Be ready at the evening, I will come when the sun sets and make sure to wear something simple." Shakti instructed.

"You are the best." Nandini chided happily.

"I know. Then, give me my Gulab jamun." Shakti said.

"Here." Nandini said giving the pot to the Shakti.

"Why are you going out today? Is it something special today?" Shakti asked as the gobbled one gulab jamun.

"Today is blue moon day." Nandini replied.

"Anything special about that?" Shakti asked her full concentration still on gulab jamun.

"You really need to more about the outside world. Today is the blue moon day and this day is coming after whole 52 yrs later and today the night and the moon look really beautiful." Nandini explained about the reasons behind her excitement.

"Oh! I see." Shakti said before eating her last gulab jamun. "Be ready at evening and make sure not to have any servants near you and tell them not to disturb you or let anyone enter your room for next 3 hours. Got it?" Shakti strictly instructed.

"Got it. General." Nandini happily stood up and dramatically saluted Nandini.

"Then go back and prepare for our departure. I will take me leave, I have some work." Shakti said before leaving.

At Evening :

"Are you ready Nandini?" Shakti asked slowly as she secretly entered Nandini's chambers, her voice low so that no one can hear her.

"Yeah. I am ready and I did exactly as you said." Nadini replied softly.

"Good, then let's go." Shakti said and Nandini started to follow her.

"We have to jump this wall to exit the palace." Shakti said looking at 15 feet wall infront of her but she didn't saw the shocked princess beside her who sat on the ground, her dream of exploring the night market under the blue moon was crushed under this 15 feet high wall.

"Let's go." Shakti said moving behind to look at Nandini but no one was standing there. She started looking here and there to find Nandini and when she looked downwards, she found her sitting on the ground.

"What are you doing? Get up, we have to leave soon." Shakti said lifting Nandini effortlessly and making her stand up.

"I shouldn't have believed you..." Nandini was mumbling something to herself but Shakti couldn't hear it clearly.

"Speak clearly, I can't understand." Shakti said to Nandini to speak clearly.

"I shouldn't have believed you. I gave you a pot full of delicious gulab jamun and in return you betrayed me." Nandini said fake crying.

"When did I betrayed you? I am here as we discussed." Shakti asked confused.

"Have a proper look at this wall. Do you really think I will be able to cross this giant Wall in this lifetime?" Nandini asked hopelessly. She was confident that she can't go out today.

"Calm down, that is why I am here. I will make you cross this so called giant Wall of yours." Shakti said trying to make Nandini believe in her.

"How? Are we going to fly?" Nandini asked sarcastically.

"Kind of." Shakti replied with a smug smile.

"Huh?" Before Nandini could ask anything else, Shakti lifted her up with one hand.

"Hold tightly and make sure not to shout." Shakti instructed.

"Why?" Nandini asked confused but she still hold Shakti's shoulders tightly.

"Because we are going to fly." Shakti said and she didn't give nay time to Nandini to process her words before she jumped with her full strength making Nandini eyes open wide, her mouth was opened but any voice didn't came out because of the shock that she was in.

Shakti landed on the top of the so called giant Wall with Nandini.

"W-What was t-that?" Nandini asked shocked looking down from the wall.

"Look, I didn't betrayed you." Shakti said with a smug smile.

"How did you do that?" Nandini asked excited.

"I told you that I learned a new technique on my previous trip. This is that technique." Shakti answered.

"Wow! This technique is awesome." Nandini replied looking at the sky. "But this technique must be very difficult. Wasn't it? I wish I could be like you too." Nandini said sadly looking at the sky.

"Why are you sad? I am here for everything you need and moreover it was not something that is very hard, you just have to put all your body's strength in your legs and then jump." Shakti said looking at the same sky thae Nandini is looking.

Nandini is a girl who loves adventures, she love doing dangerous things but her body doesn't support her. From the birth, Nandini's body is weak and she get sick easily, that is why she normally stays in her chambers.

Even though her body is weak but her best friend is really strong person and with the help of Shakti, Nandini does everything that she wants to do.

"Hold tight, we are going to jump again." Shakti instructed.

"Can I shout this time?" Nandini asked holding Shakti's shoulders  tightly."

"Not here." Shakti said and Nandini sadly pouted. "But you can shout in the market." Shakti instantly replied trying to cheer up Nandini.

"But we go to the market by the horse." Nandini said.

"No, we are going to jump on the roofs of houses to reach that famous Night market of yours." Shakti replied and Nandini instantly become happy but she again became sad. "What happened now?" Shakti asked looking at sad Nandini.

"Will your legs not hurt? You have to jump with me too." Nandini asked sadly her head bow down.

"Don't underestimate my strength and stamina princess. I may be short but I am really powerful and this the the technique I learned recently so I have to practice it to master it. So, become happy because nothing in my body is going to hurt from jumping in the roofs." Shakti said and Nandini nodded.

"Then fly my dragon. I want to fly in the sky." Nandini ordered her new found crane raising her hand pointing to the sky.

"As you wish master." Nandini said before jumping down from the wall.