Chapter 12

"I heard your chest was stabbed yesterday. How is the wound?" Arti asked as she entered Rudra's office. Unlike her words, her face held no worried emotions.

"It is fine." Rudra replied calmly. He already know what his mother is doing here.

"I heard it was done by General Shakti." Arti again asked teasingly while sitting on the chair.

"If you know then why are you asking?" Rudra asked something so obvious.

"You know what I am trying to do here?" Arti said knowing that her son is already aware of her intensions.

"I am aware of your intensions." Rudra replied looking at Arti.

"Be careful with her. From what her mother told me, I can say that she is hotheaded and very stubborn." Arti warned.

"I am already aware of this facts." Rudra replied. He had already observed this much about Shakti yesterday.

"I just came here to say that." Arti said before getting up from her seat. "I must say that today I am really happy." Arti said happily before leaving Rudra alone in his office.

Time skip :

It was evening now, Rudra was looking at the garden from his office's window. The office was designed in such a way that one can see garden from office but can't see office from garden.

He was silently looking at the colourful flowers, butterflies and the scenery that was so peaceful just like he likes.

Suddenly, he saw a woman entering in the garden. She was dressed in light brown coloured dress. She was looking around the garden in awe. She was looking at the flowers and the butterflies with so much curiousity in her eyes.

Rudra immediately identified her as Shakti. He still couldn't see her clearly but by her build he could tell that she is Shakti.
He decided to go down and disturb the peace of Shakti.

Shakti's pov :

Oh god! I was finally able to sleep to my heart's content. Thank god for letting me complete my sleep.

I woke up with a happy mood, by the time I woke up it was already evening, the sun was on the verge of setting down.

I dressed myself and then went outside to find food. I was trying to find my mother because she is the only one who can give me food right now but I couldn't find her.

Thankfully, I found Nandini.

"Nandini?" I called her waving my hand at her.

"So, the Great General finally woke up from her deep slumber." She said rolling her eyes. I can tell that she was extremely bored.

"If you were this bored then why didn't you wake me up?" I asked even though I know that no one will dare to disturb my sleep without any good reason.

"You know very well about it." She said.

"Ok fine, leave it. I am finally awake and now I am feeling very hungry. Let's go find some food." I said to Nandini.

"No need to go and find food. I have already kept the food for you. You go sit in the garden and I will bring the food from my room." Nandini said standing up from her seat.

"You really are best my friend." I said dramatically bowing infront of her.

"Ok ok. Stop your overacting and go." Nandini said before leaving.

I then went to the garden. I must say that this place is really beautiful and peaceful. I was looking at the flowers and butterflies curiously because I have never seen them in Kashi. Seems like, they are not local.

I was silently roaming around the garden, jumping from one flower to another, while waiting for Nandini.

'Why is she taking so long to come?' I thought because she really was taking so long.

Suddenly I sensed a presence behind me. Thinking it would be no one other the Nandini I moved back only to colloid my face in someone's chest.

At first I thought it is Nandini then I thought how the fuck did Nandini have a man's chest then I realised that it is not Nandini.

I looked to find the person who dared to stand this near me and moreover I was not able to sense his presence. I looked up only to find the man already looking down at me and it was none other than the king of Magadha.

I was shocked, I immediately tried to move back but my leg got tangled in a bush and I lost my balance.

As I was falling, I thought that this man infront of my will try to save me but he didn't even moved a bit.

'So you are not going to more even a bit huh? Fine then.' I thought before grabbing the collar of his shirt and dragging him with me.

I fell on the ground and this man instead of falling on the ground fell over me. I literally thought that I am going to get crushed under him, he is so heavy. I was trying to move him but he was not even moving a bit. What is he an elephant? A whale?

"It seems like that it is habit of yours to hurt me." Rudra said in his dark voice looking directly in Shakti's eyes.

"It's not like that but will you please get up. You are totally lying on me and I think I am going to get crushed." Shakti said trying to push Rudra off of her.

Looking at her struggling, Rudra used his elbows to support half of his bodyweight and now he was basically hovering over her.

"You didn't answer my question." Rudra again said.

"Please get up your majesty." Shakti said ignoring his words.

"I won't untill you answer my questions." Rudra said determined.

"What question?" Shakti asked irritated.

"Is it a habit of yours to hurt me?" Rudra again repeated his question.

"You are thinking wrong your highness. If you are talking about yesterday then I didn't knew that it was you, it was totally a misunderstanding and if you are talking about now that it was just a reflex action taken by body without the consent of my brain." Shakti said looking directly in Rudra's eyes.

Even thought Shakti was uncomfortable by looking in Rudra's eyes but she still didn't back away. Whenever she looks in Rudra's eyes, she always find them staring st her intensely. According to Shakti, Rudra's eyes are like the eyes of beast, she got chills whenever she looks in those beast like eyes of his.

"Now, if you have gotten all your anwers then please do me a favour and get up." Shakti said politely.

Even though She wanted to punch Rudra right now but she controlled her urge because Rudra is a king and punching him intensionally can even cause death sentence.

Rudra was amused when he find her trying to control her anger. Even though he wanted to mess up with her a bit but it was enough for today.