Chapter 16

"Your majesty, I am sure that you are able to handle this problem alone then why did you dragged me with you?"  I asked to him as everyone left leaving us alone.

"Glad to know that you know me this much." The devil said smirking.

"Please answer my question?" I said directly not wanting to take any more shit.

"It is not just about the flood, there are more cases that I need to investigate there and I decided to take you with me because you are the best to accompany me here." The devil  answered my questions seriously.

"I am from another country. Don't you think that I can use this information against you when the time arrives?" I asked curiously.

"Don't worry they are not some confidential information that can be used against Magadha." He said. "Why? Are you finding something to go against me? Do you want revenge for something?" He asked leaning back on his chair.

"What are you talking about your highness? Why would I want to go against you? I don't harbour any evil feelings for you." I lied through straight face.

In reality, I want to do black magic to kill him. Hell, I can sell me soul to the Satan to fucking kill him but I can't tell him that.

"General, you are not so good at hiding your emotions." The devil said looking intensely at my face.

What the fuck? Does he know that I am lying? That would be impossible....

"From what I know, people tell me that I am really good at hiding my emotions." I argued back.

"Leave it, you won't understand. By the way, get ready for the journey. We will leave after lunch and I don't want any problem." He said in a warning tone.

"I will keep that in mind." I said before leaving the room because I am so annoyed and I can't bear to look at his face anymore.

I think I did a mistake some days before, I should have stabbed my sword in his chest a bit harder and pierced his heart making his soul fly to thd hell.

Cursing him, I reached to the main hall when everyone gathers and I found my mother fuming with anger there.

"I happened to mother?" I asked to Nandini who was sitting silently in a corner.

"Your mother and The Queen of Meenakshi fought over whose daughter is pretty and the Queen of Meenakshi (Seema) said that you look like a man with sword in your hand." Nandini explained.

"Seems like I missed some good drama." I said regretting a bit.

"Yeah you did but I think that we are going to have more dramas in upcoming days." Nandini said.

"Hmm." I agreed to her nodding my head. "By the way, what were you going to tell me?" I asked Nandini about our previous conversation.

"Oh, that? Come with me." She said before dragging me away with her and I went with her.

We stopped in a silent corridor. Nandini craned her head here and there to find the existence of any creature and once she was confirmed that we are truly alone only then she started.

"I think I have fallen in love." She said shocking me.

Just what the fucking thing I heard? Am I listening right or I have gone mad because of the devil and now I am creating illusions by myself?

"What did you said? Repeat it again, I think I listened wrong." I asked Nandini to repeat her statement again because I wanted to confirm if I am listening right or I have finally gone mad.

"You listened right, I have fallen in love." Nandini again repeated herself and more clearly this time.

"With whom?" I almost shouted from shock.

"With Abhiman." Nandini said. Just what is wrong with her blasting a bomb after another?

"Are you drunk?" After thinking for sometime I reached the conclusion that Nandini is not in her right state of mind.

"No, I am perfectly fine." Nandini said.

"How many fingers are these?" I asked her showing my hands because I couldn't process this information.

"2, Shakti I am not drunk." Nandini said after answering but I am not buying anything.

"Now?" I asked her again changing the no of my fingers.

"4." Nandini simply answered this time.

Seems like she is really not drunk. Then, did she really fall in love? And that too with Abhiman?

"Tell me everything in detail." I said as I finally started to process the information that was suddenly thrown to me.

"When I saw him for the first time at that night, I couldn't see his face clearly but I really loved his voice and when I saw him clearly I couldn't help but fall in love. He really looks cute, strong and handsome." Nandini explained how and when she fell in love with that brat.

"Wow! And you are telling me this now?" I asked her feeling betrayed.

"It's not like that, I just realised today that I have fallen in love with him." Nandini replied with a light blush on her face.

"I see. So, what do you plan to do next?" I asked her wanting to know her next plan.

"I don't know. I think I will try to make him fall for me too and if he is ready then I will talk about marriage to father. Am I doing right?" Nandini asked feeling somewhat nervous.

"It's okay, do what you think is right but remember that I am always here to support you and if something goes wrong come to me without any second thoughts." I said to her trying to encourage her. I am actually happy for her but believing in love is something that I can't do, definitely not after what happened to me.

It is the phase of my life that only I know. Apart from me no one knows abouts it, not my brother, not my father, not my mother, even Nandini doesn't know it and I plan to keep it that way....