Chapter 7

Next day :

Everyone was ready with their horses and carriages full of their stuffs.

The two families has planned that they will be moving together. The Queen, the General's mother (Anika), the two princesses, Nandini and Rubina, the King and the ex- General will be travelling in the carriages and the two princes, Arjun and Shakti will be on the horses for the security reasons.

The ex- General and the king has decided to take one Carriage, the Queen and Anika has decided to take same carriage and the the princesses will be travelling in the same carriage.

The journey starts with very grumpy Shakti because she couldn't sleep properly as she woken up very early in this morning to get ready for this trip.

It has been 18 days and 17 nights since Shakti started her journey to Magadha. She is very irritated because she couldn't get her proper sleep here. Whenever she tries to sleep, someone just come and interrupts it.

"Hand in there, Grumpy cat. We will soon reach Magadha and you can sleep there as much as you want. Make sure not to kill anyone." Arjun said patting Shakti's shoulders because he knew how much Shakti loves to sleep.

"I am trying my best to not to rip anyone off with my bare hands." Shakti said her eyelids half closed.

Listening to Shakti, Arjun laughed out loud. "You really are scary when you are irritated. Come here and sleep, I will wake you up tommorow." Arjun said patting his lap.

Shakti put her head on Arjun's lap and slept curling her body into a ball because of the cold. So, to keep he warm, Arjun covered her with his robe.

They were sitting infront of the fire but the fire was not making it any easy for them to survive in the cold outside.

Arjun was patting Shakti's head lightly tugging her to sleep. He was looking at her lovingly.

"How come you grew this fast infront of my eyes and I didn't even realised?  Just yesterday you were are little child unable to even walk by yourself and today you are a General of such a big empire with lot of responsibilities on your shoulders. I am really proud of you my grumpy ball." Arjun mumbled slowly patting Shakti's head. His heart was filled looking at her sleeping peacefully.

Arjun was the Prime minister of Kashi, he is married to Vanshika a daughter of minister of Kashi and she is 4 months pregnant now. She is currently staying at her parents house because this long journey was not suitable for her and her child and Arjun can't ignore the royal orders. He loves his family the most, he loves Shakti very much but he don't show it infront of her because he know that Shakti will tease him to his death.

Next day :

The sun was already raised in the sky and everyone was now wide awake. Everyone was preparing themselves for resuming their ride.

"Father said that we have almost reached Magadha borders. We will be reaching the Magadha palace by today's night." Arjun said to Shakti who has just woken up was sitting in the shock of waking this early.

Her face looked like this👇

"Tell that old man of yours, if I don't have a bed to sleep by today's night then he will see my beast form and I am definitely not jocking

"Tell that old man of yours, if I don't have a bed to sleep by today's night then he will see my beast form and I am definitely not jocking." Shakti said frustratingly because this is only sentence that she is listening from past 2 days right after she woke up.

"Don't worry, this time he is confident about his estimation." Arjun said trying to give Shakti strength.

"He better be otherwise I will revolt right here." Shakti said before standing up and mounted on her horse whose name was Toofan. Following her, Arjun also mounted on his horse and they begin their journey.

It was the night time be now, the other carriages were ahead of the princess carriage because they requested to ride slow as they were not comfortable with high speed and Shakti was instructed to keep the princesses' carriage safe.

Everything was going smoothly but suddenly a breaking sound was listened and the carriage suddenly came to halt. Shakti who was riding Toofan leading the way stopped and came back to investigate. She found out that the carriage's wheel is broken.

"The carriage wheel is broken." The Coachman said looking at the broken wheel.

"I know that already. Tell me whether you will be able to fix it or I have to find some other means to reach Magadha." Shakti said frustrated. She was already frustrated because of lack of sleep and now this nonsense.

"I will fix it up but it will take atleast 2 hours." The Coachman said.

"Good, then princesses please stay inside and wait till the carriage is repaired." Shakti instructed.

"General Shakti?" Princess Sonam called lightly.

"Hmm." Shakti responded.

"I really need to go to washroom." She said very lightly. Even though it was hard to hear but Shakti's sharp ear heard it.

"Please come, go to the side. I will wait here. Don't go too inside." Shakti instructed. Their carriage stopped at a place which was surrounded by the forest but thanks to the moonlight they were able to see something. She didn't go behind the Princess Sonam because she can't leave Nandini alone with coachmen.

She waited for sometime but Princess Sonam didn't retuned, she was taking time longer than an average human. Anxiety started to arouse inside Shakti.

"Princess, princess." She shouted sometimes but didn't get any reply which made her more anxious.

"Nandini, Nandini, wake up." She woke up Nandini who was sleeping peacefully in the carriage.

"What happened?" Nandini asked forcing her eyes to open.

"I can't find Princess Sonam." Shakti said anxiously.

"What??" Nandini asked shocked.

"Come with me. I need to find her soon." Shakti said.

"What will I do with you?" Nandini ask confusingly because as far as she could think, she couldn't find any way in which she can help Shakti in finding Sonam. So, why is Shakti bringing Nandini with her?

"Try to understand. I can't leave you here alone with the coachmen." Shakti said slowly which was only audible to Nandini.

Nandini understood why Shakti is insisting to bring her. She hurriedly stood up and mounted Toofan. Nandini was sitting at front and Shakti was shielding her body from behind.

"Wait here for us. We will be back soon." Shakti said to coachmen before leaving.

"Princess Sonam, Princess Sonam." They both started  shouting as they started to move deeper in the forest where Princess Sonam went.

After searching for sometime a voice responded to them.

"I am here." This was the voice of Princess Sonam.