𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

age: 13

    I woke up and found myself in a pool of blood. I cursed myself, jumped out of bed and looked down to see blood running down my legs and soaking my nightgown. Astraea and Luna were gone, so I must've slept in, too. I hoped my mother hadn't left for work already.

"Mamá!" I tapped into my mother's mental shield. "I need you right now."

   I blinked back tears until I heard her footsteps coming down the hall. The door opened and she entered.

"What is it, mija?" she trailed off as she saw the sight before her.

"What do I do?" I demanded, almost having to sit down from the pain ripping at my stomach.

"I'll run you a bath and get you some supplies," she sighed. "Strip the sheets."

     She went into the bathroom and I groaned, clutching my stomach as I pulled the sheets off the bed.

     When I got to the bathroom, the tub was filled with hot water. I began to remove my blood soaked nightgown.

"My stomach hurts," I complained to my mother.

"I'll go into town and get you a tonic," she decided, helping me into the tub. The hot water eased the pain a little. "Do you want some soup?"

"Yes, please," I grumbled, sinking deeper into the water.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  

     Later that day, I lay in bed with a bag of hot rice on my stomach, a tonic by my side, and a book in my hands.

     Mother had gone to work, but Astraea kept coming in to check on me. She was so nurturing for her age.

     I had never felt such intense pain in my entire life.  It felt like my insides were being ripped open. My lower back burned.

     There was a soft knock on the door. I turned my head and managed to make a small noise to let them know they could come in.

     The three boys stepped into my room very quietly as though I were a baby that would start crying at any sudden noise.

"Are you okay?" Rhys asked me.

"I'm in pain," I complained, pouting as I put down my book.

"You smell disgusting," Cassian cringed. I glared at him.

"It's the blood," Azriel defended me. I gave him a grateful look. He smiled at me slightly. "We brought you sweets."

    I sat up immediately. Azriel handed me a bag and when I opened it, the smell of chocolate candy hit me.

"Thank you," I grinned.

    My twin planted a kiss on my forehead and Cassian patted me on the head. They both left the room, leaving me alone with Az.

"Aren't you going with them?" I wondered.

"I don't think you should be alone," he advised. "You don't look well." I let out a humorless laugh as he sat in the rocking chair next to my bed.

"It's just my cycle," I insisted. "I'll be fine." Even as I said it, a sharp cramp made me squeeze my eyes shut.

"I have a book," he told me. "So do you. We can read together."

"Fine," I said with a sigh.

    I laid on my side, folding my legs up to take the pressure off my stomach. I opened my book again and began to read quietly.