𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

tw: bodyshaming, and specific weight is mentioned. I personally don't think this weight is a bad weight to be at, in fact I've always felt and looked my best at this weight, but the autumn court definitely has backwards views on women's bodies.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

age: 32

I spent weeks negotiating with Beron, trying to find terms in which I could see my family. I wanted them to meet my babies. Though, they were almost three now, and always up to trouble.

Finally, we came to an agreement. I could see my mother and Rhys. But I would meet them in a cabin in the woods that the Vanserra's owned, miles away from the Forest House. They couldn't risk Rhys killing them for what happened with Morrigan.

I would bring the children there, and Marzia would winnow them in, since they would never attack her. And I was allowed to stay with them for an entire weekend.

I was ecstatic, getting the children ready, getting myself ready. Elio seemed happy for me, too. He hadn't hit me in a few weeks, so I didn't have to hide any wounds.

I had already decided I wasn't going to tell my family about it. My father knew, and he didn't care enough to send me home. So there was no use in telling them. It would only make them worry, since there was nothing they could do about it.

"Mommy, stop, I can do it myself!" Diana snapped, snatching her hairbrush from my hands.

"Okay, love, no need to be rude," I scolded.

She rolled her violet eyes, a habit she'd picked up from Eden, and began brushing her own hair. I sighed, making my way to Gideon, who was struggling to get out of his pajamas.

"Do you need help, sweetface?" I teased my son.

He huffed, but let me help him change into the outfit I'd picked out for him. I leaned down, kissing his nose. He whined, pushing me away. I only chuckled, helping him off of his bed.

"Why can't Daddy come?" Diana demanded.

"Because it's my family, not his," I replied, trying not to let any bitterness show in my voice.

I didn't want their father there. This weekend was an escape from him. But I didn't ever want them to know how he truly was. I wanted to protect them from the truth.

"Why haven't we met your family before?" Gideon wondered.

"Because they live in the Night Court," I answered. "And they're always so busy there."

"Why are they busy?" Gideon asked.

"You know how Grandfather and Grandmother are High Lord and Lady of this Court, and they're always busy?" I asked him. He nodded. "Well, my parents are High Lord and Lady of the Night Court. So they can't always come see me."

"Why don't you see them?" Diana questioned, handing Gideon her hairbrush so he could brush his hair.

"Because I'm busy, too," I lied. "Now, let's get breakfast before we leave."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

We arrived at the cabin before my family got there. I sat on the couch, biting my lip to calm my nerves as the twins played tag around the house.

I hadn't seen them in fifteen years. My nerves were eating at my stomach. What if they were disappointed in me? What if they hated how settled I was in my new life?