𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔬𝔫𝔢

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
age: 27

    Elio and I never really celebrated our anniversary. The fact that we weren't exactly in love sort of ruined the occasion. But Marzia always made us a nice dinner that the whole family attended.

"Happy anniversary, my dears," Marzia smiled at us. I smiled back as my husband squeezed my hand and thanked her.

"I must say, I am disappointed," Beron expressed. "It's been 10 years, and still no heir."

      The smile was wiped from my face as I exchanged a nervous glance with Elio. His brothers and Eden suddenly found their meals very interesting.

"Have you even fucked her yet, Elio?" Beron questioned. My face grew red as Elio's jaw clenched.

"Beron," Marzia chastised, covering the ears of seven-year-old Foster.

"That's an incredibly invasive and inappropriate question," I argued, narrowing my eyes. "Might I remind you, I was forced into this marriage when I was 17. I have never intended on carrying a child I do not want."

"Do you think I bargained for you so that my son could simply have a wife?" he demanded. "I bought you for him because you're quite pretty, and the family you come from makes you very valuable. You will make incredible heirs."

"You speak of me as if I am an object and not a living being," I sneered.

"Well, I preferred Morrigan," he mused, leaning back in his seat. "She was much prettier than you and far more powerful. If only she hadn't ruined herself." Eris shifted uncomfortably in his seat as I sent him a glare.

"My cousin made her own decision because she didn't want her entire life controlled," I retorted. "Maybe I should've taken a page from her book."

"Elio, you must learn to control your whore," he told his son, ignoring me completely. 

      I slammed my hand down on the table and rose to my feet, fury spilling from me as I nearly seethed.

"Do not speak of me like that!" I snapped.

      I turned on my heel and stormed down the hallway, ignoring him as he yelled insults after me.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  

I treated my frustrations with a bottle of wine while I cried in my bed. I longed to see my family again. I missed my life back in Night, where I wasn't treated this way.

     The door to my bedroom opened, and I stood up, wiping a tear from my eye. Elio stormed in with an expression I could not read. He didn't say a word as he approached me.

      Before I could process anything, he struck me across the face, hard. My head whipped to the side, and I whimpered more from surprise than pain, stumbling as my hand flying to my cheek. I stared at him in disbelief as he glared at me.

"What was that?" Elio demanded.

"I was simply standing up for myself," I defended, rubbing my cheek soothingly. "He can't speak to me like that." Elio let out a humorless laugh.

"I know you come from an untraditional family, but in the Autumn Court, females have a place," he reminded me.

"Excuse me?" I snapped, narrowing my eyes as I crossed my arms.

"If you do as your told, you will be treated with respect," he stated, the words coming out almost as if he was reciting lines his father had fed him.

"You should always treat me with respect, I'm your wife," I replied.