𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

age: 38

Marzia gave birth to yet another son that she named Arlo. He had red hair, but his father's eyes. I helped her deliver him. A few days later, I was watching him for the evening.

He had fallen asleep in my arms, and I smiled as I kissed the top of his little head.

"Where's Daddy?" Diana asked me as she pranced into the room.

"He's out, what is it?" I asked, glancing up at the dark haired girl.

"I want to go for a walk," she explained to me, dragging her feet over to me.

"I can take you, baby," I offered, thinking I'd just put Arlo into his crib.

"No, I want Daddy," she pouted, stomping her foot.

I couldn't help that the words hurt me. After everything she'd witnessed, she still favored her father over me.

"Well, he's busy," I told her. "I'll take you. You'll live."

"Daddy says you didn't even want us," she grumbled. I flinched at the words.

"He said that?" I asked her. She nodded. "Well, it's not true. Of course I wanted you two."

"He said you didn't want kids and you cried when you got pregnant with us," she glared. I felt like I was about to cry now, with her hurt and accusatory glare on me.

"Don't listen to him," I said to her. "I love you two very much. I was scared when I got pregnant, but not unhappy."

She didn't answer, though her face softened a bit.

"Put Arlo to bed," I instructed, handing the sleeping baby to her. "No walk tonight. You'll go straight to bed after dinner."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

After that, Elio and I had a fight that ended with me taking the kids to stay at the cabin for a bit. He hadn't laid a hand on me, not since the Solstice. But his words cut deeper, somehow.

I wrote to my family, and my mother arranged to come and visit while we were away. She brought Rhys and my new little sister, who was five now.

She was only three years younger than the twins, and the three began to play with each other seconds after meeting.

My mother looked worn, but happier than the last time I'd seen her. Having a baby was good for her.

Rhys seemed to have a weight lifted from his shoulders since the war ended. He was no longer separated from Az and Cass, which I knew was a relief for all of them.

"I got a chance to see Azriel while he was spying here in Autumn," I was telling them at dinner that night.

"He compromised his position to see you?" Rhys clarified. I nodded with a smile.

"That sounds about right," Mother sighed. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Angelina, have you started schooling?" I asked the little girl sitting next to me.

"Yes," she replied, her little voice adorable. "Mama teaches me everyday." Mother smiled, stroking the girl's hair back. She looked just like I had at her age.

"Why don't you teach us, Mama?" Gideon asked.

"I would love to, but Beron is very specific on education," I informed him. "He only chooses the best mentors for you two."