𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

age: 33

Eden and I were sitting in the library on a couch together. She shifred closer to me to show me the book she was reading.

She was suddenly too close. Her arm wrapped around me and I tensed. Someone could've easily walked in.

I turned to look at her, but she was giving me a cheeky smile, as if she was daring me to do this. I sighed, glancing around before kissing her very quickly. She grabbed my face before I could pull away and began to climb on top of me.

She pushed me onto my back and then continued to kiss me as though she were dying and I was her last breath of air.

There were footsteps on the other side of the door, and we immediately pulled apart and sitting up. I cleared my throat, both of us smoothing down our dresses and fixing our hair.

Eris entered, an envelope in his hand. Eden smiled at him innocently.

"You have a letter," Eris informed me, handing the envelope to me.

"Thanks, Er," I said, opening it up.

Eris and Eden began conversing, Eden teasing him about something as I began to read the letter.

My dear Starling,

I'm delighted to tell you that I'm pregnant. I am having a baby, due in November. Your father has agreed to allow Rhys and I to visit you when the babe in born. Despite my hatred for your father, we did agree to have another child together a few years ago. I need this, Eve. So desperately. I'm so lonely and miserable these days. Another child is what I need. I miss you so much. I hope to see you again soon, mi amor.

Love,
your mother

I stared at the letter for a few minutes, rereading it over and over again. My father had convinced her of this. I knew he had. A few years ago. When I wrote him that letter, telling him he no longer had a daughter. He was replacing me.

"Are you okay, Eve?" Eden asked from beside me, pulling me from my thoughts. I turned to her.

"I'm fine," I lied, getting to my feet. "I'm going to wake the twins from their nap."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I didn't talk to anybody about that letter. Though the contents of it hurt me deeply. I knew that wasn't fair. My mother deserved happiness. I hated to hear she was lonely and miserable.

Elio and I were making our way to the throne room, where we were meeting Eris. He was watching the twins for us. We both needed a break.

They all went back to the battlefield in a week, and I was dreading being alone. I would have Eden, but even the two of us weren't enough to keep up with the toddlers.

     I tried to not groan when I stepped into the throne room to be greeted by Willem. Elio did not hide his disdain for the male. He let out a sigh of exasperation.

"Elio, Evelina," he greeted, stepping over to us. "So good to see you."

      He pulled me to him, squeezing me tight, his hand creeping down to squeeze my backside. I yanked away from him.

"Do not touch her," Elio snarled at him.

"Elio, no need to get violent," he joked. "I'm just being friendly."

"Well, I don't appreciate you touching her like that," he sneered. "And she doesn't either."

      He smiled, realizing he'd gotten under Elio's skin. I wondered if Elio would've cared if it was any other male touching me like that. Willen turned to Beron.