𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

age: 30

    With the war going on, Elio would disappear on the battlefield for a few weeks, then come home to check on me for a day or so.

    Just my luck that I went into labor while he was gone, fighting in the war. All I had was Eden and Kirsten.

    The two of them were both by my side as I sobbed, blood soaking the sheets. Eden placed a towel on my forehead.

"Almost there, Eve," Kirsten promised me. "You're so close."

     I laid there, screaming as I clutched my stomach, as I had done for the last four hours. I rolled over, tears streaming from my eyes as I pushed as hard as I could.

"Stay still," Eden warned, flipping me onto my back again.

     My body ached. I let out a yell of pain as I tensed my muscles up again, squeezing my eyes shut as I did so.

     I didn't know how the time was flying so fast, yet my baby wasn't getting here any quicker. I got a horrible contraction, worse than all the others.

     I shrieked, hitting the bed repeatedly with my hand. It was absolutely unbearable. Eden brushed my hair away from my sweat soaked forehead. 

"I can't do this," I sobbed, glancing up at her concern face.

"It's okay, you're almost there," Eden insisted, kneeling by my side.

"No, I can't be a mother," I cried, shaking my head. "I'm not ready, I'm so scared, Eden."

"Hey, you can do this," she promised, taking my face in her hands. "You are going to be a great mother. Just one more push, Eve, I know you can do it."

     There was a final release as I pushed one last time. I flopped down on the bed, utterly exhausted. I could hear my baby's cries, but I was just too weak to sit up.

"Oh, my," Kirsten smiled, picking it up. "It's a girl."

     Just as she was about to hand her to me, another pain hit me. I gasped, collapsing onto the bed again.

"The other baby's coming," Kirsten announced.

       I let out a sob, not wanting to do it again. Kirsten handed my baby girl to Eden and helped me deliver the next one. This one it only took me around ten minutes, and the pain was less extreme. Something I thanked the Mother for.

"A boy," she informed me as she picked him up. 

       I finally sat up as they both placed the children into my arms. My eyes widened as I looked down at them.

"I can't be their mother," I whispered, shaking my head.

"Eve, what are you talking about?" Eden asked me.

"Look at them," I said through my tears. "They're so perfect and pure and they deserve a better mother than me."

"They're going to love you so much," Eve promised me, pressing a comforting kiss to the top of my head.

"They're crying," I pointed out to her.

"Then comfort them," she insisted, rubbing circles on my back.

       I sighed, nodding as I glanced down at the babies in my arms. Though they were red as tomatoes and covered in blood and gunk, I knew they would be beautiful.