Chapter 1

I hate my life. I constantly get sold to vampires with strict rules. They keep me on leash and collar. It has been this way for 500 years, and nothing ever seems to change.

"Get back in the cage you filthy mutt."The pet shop keeper yells at me before shoving me in a cage.

This is like the 5th time I've been returned to this pet shop. I've been sent to other pet shops too, but they sell me quickly. Vampires only observe our looks, and I guess I look pretty decent.

"Why can't you just stay in one home?"The shop keeper asks me, and I frankly don't know if I should talk.

"Pets don't deserve to talk."He says. Crap, they can read minds...Sometimes I really hate my life, just kidding. I always hate my life.

"Shut up you rotten animal, no wonder no one keeps you!"The shop keeper shouts. He then slaps me hard, and pulls me out of the cage into the back room. He starts punching me, and since he is a vampire, it hurts! I hear the bell ring at the front door, and the shop keeper(who's name is apparently Albert) walks to the front of the door.

I see the back door, and use all my strength to get to it and open it. I start sprinting as fast as I can down the road. I am almost to the woods when I hear a shout. I know it is Albert, so I keep running praying he won't catch me with his stupid vampire speed.

I run a few feet more before running into something and falling on my butt. The impact hit me hard, and I am winded. Blackness tries grabbing me, but whatever I ran into grabs my wrist before the darkness could come.

"Are you okay?"a deep male voice asks while looking me in the eyes. He is tall and well built, and has brown hair swooping into the corner of his eye. He looks to be about 18, so around my age. I would say he is quite handsome...for a vampire.

"You're human."He says before picking me up bridal style, and walking in the direction of the pet shop. I do the only practical thing.

"Let me go!"I yell kicking and flailing my arms while screaming as loud as I can.

All of a sudden I feel a pounding pain in my head, but when I try to scream my voice won't let me. The pain only gets worse and all I see is black. Then all of the pain stops.

I look up to see the vampire still holding me, and I sort of freak out out of confusion.

"That is only scratching the surface of what I could've done to punish you, so don't try me. Let's get you back to the pet store."He says before continuing walking. I know that Albert will punish me, and I am really scared. I look bad as it is, I don't need him beating me more.

"I won't let him beat you."the mysterious stranger says. I really wish I knew his name, and knowing he's reading my mind, he is probably going to tell me.

He chuckles."My name is Riley."Riley says, and he pushes open the shop door. I see an angry looking Albert walking towards us, and I start to shake in fear.

"I apologize for any trouble this creature has caused you Prince Riley."Albert says. Prince Riley sets me down, and Albert wraps a tight rope around my neck. I think it is cutting off the circulation to my brain. Did I just here that Riley is a prince?

"Yes he is a prince, you insignificant little piece of trash."Albert says before slapping me hard, and I fall to the floor, crying.

"Why would you slap the poor creature. It may just be a human, but it doesn't deserve this."Riley says before taking the rope leash from Albert's hand and pulling it toward him. He does realize that it is attached to my neck...right?

"I'm sorry Prince Riley."Albert says, and he gently takes my leash and locks me up in the cage in the front window. Riley talks to Albert for about a minute before waking out of the shop.

Albert comes over to my cage to give me food. He opens the cage, and loosens my collar, but ties my leash to the wall. He gives me my food and water, which are gone in a minute, before locking the cage. He closes up the shop and heads up to his room.

I am tied to the wall, so I simply curl up in a ball, and doze off to sleep thinking about all that has happened today...