Chapter 8

After the guys left, I started to wander around the mansion. Let me just say, it is huge.

I walked around to find that most of the doors were either locked, or had something useless inside.

I walked down another hallway. And then another. So on, and so forth.

I walked down another hallway. I am now completely lost. In a mansion. Filled with vampires. I bet they can hear my heart beat, it's that loud.

I slide against a wall, and give a sigh of defeat. There is no way I can find my way out of here.

I look around the dimly/barely lit hallway. It is pretty drab in style. It has maroon colored walls, and white ceilings. At has dark colored wood flooring, and an occasional desk with a candle on it. There are no windows, only doors line the walls.

I'm already lost, so I don't think it would hurt if I looked in the rooms around me.

I walk up to a room with a red door. It looks like it has a poor paint job, but I ignore it and slowly twist the knob.

I open the door, and it's no surprise that there are no lights on. I feel the sticky wall to find a light switch, and a almost trip over something when I finally find it.

I slowly switch the light on, and what I see almost makes me faint. The walls are splattered with blood, and there is a drain in the center of the room. In the room, are bodies scattered everywhere. Some dead some alive, but all of them reek of blood.

They are all covered in cuts, and some are hooked up to a machine which I'm guessing probably drains the blood from them for vampire "food."

I do the only practical thing I can think of, so I scream.

"Aaaaahhh-."I scream at the top of my lungs before a strong hand clasps over my mouth. Why me, why do I have to be the one to die? My life is over, I am going to end up like the rest of these dead bodies.

I abruptly am turned around to be met with a chest, my eyes slowly look up to see familiar eyes, and I somehow feel safe.

I wrap my arms around Riley, and snuggle unit his chest. He puts his arms around my waist, and soothingly moves his hand up and down my back, as I cry softly.

"Cameron let's get you upstairs to your bed, and then we'll talk, ok?"Riley asks in a soft and soothing voice. I just nod.

He indicates me to jump, and when I do he wraps my legs around is waist. I bury my face into his shoulder. And hope for the best.

We walk a while before he opens a door, which I'm guessing leads to his room. We walk up to his bed, and he sits down with me still in his lap. I get up to sit beside him, but he simply pulls me back into his lap.

"What were you doing down there, pet?"Riley asks with a stern yet soft face.

"I got lost, and then I opened that door and-" before I could finish my sentence I burst into tears of fear and sadness. Those people could've been me, heck, I could end up like them.

"Shhhh, pet, I'm not going to hurt you. You simply opened a door. Just don't go in there again."Riley says before pulling me close to him. I bury my head in his shoulder, and inhale his scent.

"I'm sorry, master."I mumble quietly. I mean, he did save me from ending up hurt, or dead.

"Are you hurt pet?"Riley asks before slightly pushing back my shoulders to see my face. He stares deeply into my eyes, and I feel hypnotized.

We stare at each other for what seems like forever, before I get up, and walk over to my bed. I slowly crawl under the covers, and drift off to sleep.

Dream:--------------------------------------------

"Hi Cameron."A voice says from behind me. I see nothing but darkness, and out of curiosity I turn around.

When I turn around I come face to face with a girl. She looks to be around the age of seven. She is covered in blood, and her eyes are pure white.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh."I scream while slowly backing away from the mysterious looking girl.

"Don't be afraid, you will soon be like us all."The little girl says. I turn around and see a whole army of children who look like the little girl who spoke to me.

"Cameron, Cameron."All of the bloody children from behind me mumble.

"Get away from me you monster."I say as the little girl comes closer.

I quickly smack her, and then she simply turns her head back to me, and shakes my shoulders.

Dream over:--------------------------------------

I open my eyes to be met with reality.

I see Riley shaking my shoulders, with a faint handprint on his right cheek. I shiver in fear, and the fact that it is dark in the room is not helping the fact that I am scared.

"W-w-wh-wha-what hap-happe-happened?"I stutter still shaking in fear.

"You must have had a nightmare, because you were talking and then when I came to wake you up, you slapped me."Riley says. I cower in fear because I just slapped him, and he is a vampire. If you put the pieces together then I am so dead.

"I'm not going to hurt you, pet."Riley says before getting up to go back to his bed, but I grab his arm before he can go.

"I'm scared."I say in a whisper. He sighs, and then reaches his hand out to help me up. I graciously take it, and he walks me over to his bed. He lifts up the cover, and I crawl in.

Riley gets in the bed too, and pulls me into his bare chest. His arm is wrapped tightly around my waist, and his hot breath fans my neck. I close my eyes, and drift off to sleep, feeling comfort in his arms.