Chapter 11 Part 2

"Why don't you just get rid of this pet, it's already been through dozens of houses, and caused many vampires much stress. It's better to put her down." I hear a female voice say.

What do they mean put me down? As in kill me put me down?! Oh gosh what mess have I gotten myself into this time.

I have a throbbing in my neck from where the vampire in my dram bit me, and my head is pounding. My whole body is just sore and tired, and my eyes refuse to open. I simply lay here and listen to what the female is saying, but the next voice belongs to my master, Riley.

"I am not putting her down. It is not her fault that she is currently unconscious. I blame myself, and whatever vampire bit her. She will stay in my bed until she recovers, and I will provide for her any medicine and food she needs. So if you will give me the medicine and leave I would be mighty obliged." Riley grinds out between his closet teeth. Why is he defending me? I thought he hated me, yet he wants me still. I don't understand Riley.

"I believe you are making a mistake, but this is the medicine you will need." She said, and I'm guessing she probably rolled her eyes because she seems like that kind of person.

"I didn't ask for your opinion. Thank you for the medicine....goodbye Doctor Gretel."Riley says, and I heard her heels walking out the the sound of a door shutting.

I slowly peel open my eyes to see Riley sitting next me on his bed.  I scoot as far away from him as possible, and end up almost falling off the bed, but Riley's super vampire speed catches me and lightly lays me back on the bed.  I glare at him, but scoot a little closer so I don't fall off the bed again.

"Why are you glaring at me, I feel that I have done nothing to deserve it."  Riley says looking into my eyes.

"Why didn't you put me down?"  I ask changing the subject, I don't look into his eyes, but I look to the ground and play with the comforter of his bed. 

"You are a puzzle that I can't figure out.  You aren't afraid to stand up to me even though I could kill you in an instant.  You don't try to please me, but yet I enjoy your company."  Riley says softly, and I look back up into his beautiful eyes.  Riley lightly laughs.  Ugh he's reading my mind again shame.

"What happened to me after I blacked out?"I ask quietly. 

"I carried you up to my room, Kaye's you in my bed, and I tried to fix you as well as I could.  I changed your clothes to assure your comfort and to check for other injuries.  I found a few bruises from whatever happened while I was sleeping, and then I wrapped a bandage around your neck.  Your neck had to deep puncture wounds from a vampire of a high status and who seems to be very strong.  When you did not wake up, I called Doctor Gretel, and she gave me the medicine you needed and left.  And now here we are."Riley says.  Oh my gosh he saw me half naked oh gosh.  My cheeks heat up, and I know that my face is probably red from blushing.  Goodbye privacy, why would he change me?!

"Don't worry I didn't peek, and I only did it to check for further injuries.  Plus seeing as your my pet I would eventually see it anyways."Riley says, and my cheeks turn darker red if that's even possible.  I probably look like a freaking tomato ugh.

"Thank you, for everything."I say, smiling softly as my eyes fight to close. 

"You need rest, I will leave you for now, but whatever you do don't leave this room."Riley says getting up and walking to the door.

"Why can't I leave this room?"I ask, but Riley only stops, not looking back, and then walks through The door shutting it behind him.

My eyes close, and I pull the comforter up to my neck, laying my head on the pillow.  Goodnight Riley, I think to myself knowing he will probably read my mind and hear it.