Chapter 4

I don't want to die! I hadn't done anything wrong this time. Can't they just take me back to the pet shop?!

"But mom?!"Nick whines. Yes, he wants me, and will keep me. In your face jerky mother.

"No Nick! This creature has been in the pet shop 27 different times, we should just let your brother save anyone else from biting her." She said before calling someone on Bluetooth.

"Yes.-"she says before pausing while the other person on the call talks. "I'll bring the creature over. You can do with it as you please. Someone bit her, and I don't want to have to deal with its needs."She says before the call ends shortly after.

"Your now officially not my problem." She says before spinning in her heel, and walking out the door.

"I'm sorry pet, but my mom doesn't want you anymore." Nick says with pity and sadness in his eyes.

"I-"I am about to speak when I remember his rules. I close my mouth, and look down.

"You can talk, it's ok." Nick says, while hand signaling me to speak.

"I'm sorry if I caused any trouble. Out of all of my masters you are the nicest." I say with a sorrow filled smile on my lips.

"If you don't mind me asking...how old are you?"I ask, and flinch. Hoping he will not hit me, or hurt me for asking the question.

"I am 13, and you are 17 right?"He asks, and I nod.

He is sitting on the bed, and starts petting my head. I am about to resist him, but surprisingly him petting me feels good. I close my eyes, but stay awake. I am just relaxing and enjoying the moment.

"I'm sorry."Nick says quietly.

"Why?"I ask.

"I have to give you to my brother, and he is not very gentle. You are probably gonna die. Not probably...you are going to die."Nick says with sorrow lacing his voice.

"I don't want to die, but it's probably better then being torched and abused." I say quietly, my eyes open now. I look away from Nick, but Nick grabs my chin, and I bring my eyes to his.

"I wouldn't have abused you."Nick says with a serious tone looking in my eyes. For some reason, I believe him.

Why is he being nice to me? No vampires have ever been nice to me. I bet he is just doing this to soften the blow of death, which may occur soon.

I hope I die quickly, or not at all. Fingers crossed.

Prince Riley P.O.V

"Hello."I say on the phone. I see it as Nancy, my "mother", but she really isn't my mother. It is a confusing relationship. Her son is Nick, but Nick's mother is my mother, and my mother is not his mother, and anyways...

"Hello Riley."She says. How dare she not say prince? She may be Nicks mother, but no one shows me disrespect.

"It's Prince Riley."I hiss into the phone. She is so annoying, and so needy. I wonder what evil deed I have to do for her now.

"Prince Riley."She says, and emphasizes the prince.

"What do you want now Nancy?"I ask her with irritation.

"Nick got a pet, and some vampire drank from her, and she has been in twenty seven homes already, and she is really pretty, and pretty obedient, but I know she did something wrong, and-"I cut her off before she could finish her stupid story.

"Get to the point."I say.

"I need you to take her, and put her out of her misery, it would probably save the next poor people to buy her."Nancy says.

"Ok. I will do it, but I don't see why someone drinking from her is such a big deal."I say.

"I don't care. I only bought the creature to make Nick happy. I don't want to deal with her and her issues." She says with a sassy tone.

"Ok, when do you want to give her to me?" I ask in a bored tone. I can kill a human in less then a minute, this one will be no different.

"How about tomorrow at 8:00 p.m.?" She asks.

"Ok, see ya then." I say, and hang up.

I walk out of my room, and into the kitchen. I feel hungry so I start to make a sandwich. Vampires can eat food other then blood, but the normal food doesn't fill us like blood. Therefore we need blood, and normal food is optional.

I ate my sandwich, and walked over to the couch. My hunger is still there, and I realize one thing.

I need blood. I walk out the door to go hunt, and I find a perfect victim.

Hunger is going to be gone very soon. I think to myself before smiling, and advancing toward the victim, a stray human male, about the age of 23.

Soon he will be no more...