Chapter 10

"I'm hungry."I say dully, turning my head so I can look him in the eyes.

"So am I."Xavier says smirking, slightly showing his fangs.

I turn around quickly, and tense up.  I try not to show that I'm nervous, but who am I kidding, I'm horrified.

"Is the little human scared?"He asks tauntingly  turning my whole body around to face him.

"No."I say avoiding eye contact with him.

"Look me in the eye, and tell me that you're not scared."Xavier says, grabbing my chin with his hand, forcing me to look into his eyes.

"I'm not scared."I say, looking into his eyes, my confidence not shaky, but strong.

"Come with me."Xavier says, grabbing my arm tightly while getting off of the bed.

We start to leave the room, and a hint of fear hits me.  I have no idea where we are going, and no idea what he is going to do.

"How many homes have you been in pet?"Xavier asks.

"More then I can count."I say quietly looking at the ground.

"Stubborn pet you are then."He states, and shows a slight smirk.  I roll my eyes, and continue following down endless hallways to wherever he is trying to take me to.

"Where are we going?"I ask, growing impatient of his confusing pathway to who knows where.

"Wouldn't you like to know."He says with a smile.  This smile is not a happy loving smile, but a sinister smile backing me into a wall.

"Yes, I would."I say trying to show no fear, but my posture shows the opposite of what I wanted it to.  I look like a little girl who just heard her puppy died, but more scared then sad.  So scratch that thought.  It's like I am a deer caught in head light, just minus the antlers.

"Humans are so Naive, and so pathetic.  I could kill you right now if I wanted to.  Convince me that I don't want to kill you."He says with a smirk, slowly backing away from me.  His arms are crossed tightly over his chest, challenging me to save myself.  How can I convince him that he doesn't want to kill me? 

"How can I convince you?"I ask sweetly taking a step towards him, showing a sweet innocent smile.  On the inside I'm thinking that I'm screwed.

"You can't, but I'll give you a fair chance.  You have a ten second head start to run away from me.  If I catch you, then I can do with you whatever I want.  Time starts now."Xavier smirks, and before I understand what's going on he starts counting down from ten, and I start sprinting down the hallway.  I don't know where anything in this mansion is, and now I have to somehow run away from Xavier who probably knows this house like the back of his hand.

I take off sprinting down a hallway, and run into a dead end.  I open a door to the right of the dead end, and walk into a guest room.  There is nobody in this room, and I walk into a closet first, and walk back out into a bathroom.  There is another door on the end of the bathroom, and I go through it.  It leads into another room, and I walk out of this room into a totally different hallway.  I start to sprint down this hallway which seems to go on forever.

At the "end" of this hallway is an open space, that I'm guessing is a living room judging by the couch and tv.  I see a door, and start to run towards it, but am tackled to the hard wood floor before I make it there.  Xavier flips me over so he is straddling my stomach, and pins my wrists above my head with one of his hands, I struggle and try to get out of his reach, but to no use because his hold is too strong for me.

"I win."  Xavier says quietly with a smirk, and his fangs retract.  His eyes turn a dark maroon shade of red, and he starts to lower his head, but the door opens before anything can happen.