Chapter 12

I slowly peel my eyes open after my restful night. I sit up in bed, but my body screams in protest. So I lay back down, why did the stupid vampire have to bite me....I feel so vulnerable and useless.

"Riley, master?"I yell trying to get him to come because I am bored out of my mind, and I think I trust him....but should I?

After a few minutes Riley slowly creaks the door open, and walks in.  He is wearing dark jeans and a maroon v neck t-shirt.  May I just say that it looks great on him...please don't be reading my mind Riley.  I don't know if he did read my mind, but he didn't make any signs that he did.  He walks over and sits on the edge of the bed, I try to scoot away from him but think better of it.

"What do you want, pet?"Riley snaps harshly.  What is with his tone, only yesterday he was defending me and caring for me.   Well, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

"I'm sorry that I bothered you, I guess I don't really NEED anything."I say quietly avoiding his eyes.  I hear him sigh, and he puts a finger under my chin so I will look in his eyes.  I try to avoid them, but eventually he wins, and I look into his eyes.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you, but I have been under much stress lately.  What is it you want to do, pet?  Do you want to watch a movie, or play a game?"Riley asks looking at me with something I can't read.  Is it pity, is it concern, is it care?  If only I knew.

"A movie would be great, what movies do you have?"I ask with a slight smile.  Riley smiles back at me with what I think is relief. 

"I'm not watching any chick flicks if that is what you are implying.  We have Hot Rod, Grease,-"Riley starts but I cut him off.

"Grease!!!!  We should watch Grease."I all but scream.

"Ok, I'll go put the movie in.  Why don't we prop your head up with another pillow?"I simply nod and he props my head up, and then puts the movie in.

After about twenty minutes into the movie my eyes fight to shut. They lightly flutter closed, and in seconds I am asleep......

Riley's POV---------------------------------------

Cameron is asleep. I look at her and her beautiful dirty blond hair. She's truly gorgeous. With eyes that are such a blue that you can see the sky in them, curves that frame her smallish body(small in comparison to mine), all I can do is sigh in her beauty. If only she was a vampire...

My parents want me to marry a princess vampire, as expected of a prince. Lidia is the girl they have in mind. She has light blond hair and hazel eyes, and has a height of maybe 5'2." To say she is short it an understatement. She isn't bad looking on the outside, but she has one of the worst personalities ever. She is a total flirt who giggles too much and tries too hard to earn my affections. She is nothing more than a pest to me...if only my parents could see that.

Cameron is my pet, that I am happy to have received from Nick.  Something about her is different.  She has been bitten in her dreams which I've never heard has been possible, and the way she carries herself sets her apart from other girls.

She is a pet, but she holds her stance in the face of danger.  She wasn't afraid to defend herself against me, and fought back if I may add.  She's stronger than most would give her credit for.  With her attitude I'm not surprised she has been through so many homes and so many masters.  She's feisty, but I like that.  I wish she was a vampire so that I could truly do with her what I want to do, and not what society tells me to. 

I look back at Cameron as she unconsciously wraps her arm around me.  At first I tense up, but then I relax.  She  knows not what she does, and she is asleep so I cannot blame her for her actions.  I wonder if she has any slim liking or caring towards me...

She shouldn't like me though, I am a monster.  A leader of monsters as it is.  I watch as impotent people are killed by my hands and yet my actions stay the same.  I don't stop killing them, but I know that I should.  Would she like me then?  Would it be too late?