Chapter 17

A shoot up in bed, and take in a big breath.  What in the world did I just witness?!

A memory?  A really memory....a moment in someone else life..but how?

I get up out of bed, and notice that I'm in a new room.  It's plain with grey walls and a bed with white covers and small bedside tables. 

I walk over to a door, and open it to find a closet with a single maids dress on a hanger, with a note. 

This is what the note reads;

Dear Pet,

     You are now to do work, and earn your stay here.  You have caused nothing but trouble, and i hope this will end up helping me and this kingdom.  Even if only in a small way.  Please clean:the kitchen, set the dining room table, clean my bedroom, and then at the end of the day report to my room for whatever I may have you do additionally.

Your master,
         Prince Riley

Well great. Not only am I a pet, but also a new maid. Let's get this over with I guess.

I grab the extremely slutty dress, and after I take a shower I put it on. I do my makeup and curl my hair, then set off towards the kitchen.

I open my bedroom door, and quietly shut it behind me. My door says 47, which means that I'm probably one of many maids, slaves, and what not.

A boy that looks around my age walks out of a room a little down the hall, and begins to walk off in the other direction, I run after him to try and ask the way to the kitchen.

"Hey wait!" I yell and end up colliding into the boy, and we both crash to the floor. I try to scramble up off of him, but end up falling back onto him, straddling his hips. Talk about an awkward first impression.

"Well hello there pretty lady, what can I do for you?"He says laughing and putting his hands lightly on my hips and lifting me off of him onto the ground.

"Well my name is Cameron, and I'm kind of new here, I was wondering if you could show me to the kitchen?"I ask, and he smiles, flashing pearly white teeth. He looks to be around 5'10" and has deep hazel eyes and light brown shortish hair.

"My name is James."He says, and stands before reaching his hand out to me which I gladly take.

"Here, I'll help you clean the kitchen today, just show you the works of things. What other chores do you have to do?"James asks, and I pull out the note and read off my chores.

"I have to clean the kitchen, set the dining room table, and clean 'master's' bedroom."I say and roll my eyes, he simply nods before grabbing my hand and pulling me down the hallway.

"Prince Riley may seem harsh, but he's not as bad as the image he gives."He says, and we turn another corner, resulting in me almost face planting into a wall.

"I'm only 17, but have been through too many houses to count."I say, and James laughs at that.

"Well, I'll make sure you stay in this house for as long as I'm alive. I think I like you."He winks at me, and I simply smile. I'm beginning to like this place more and more.