Chapter 15

My eyes hesitantly peel open, and the happenings of yesterday seem foggy in my mind.  My memory of it is vague, and I remember very little.

I look at my surroundings, which is a beautiful ballroom filled with dancing people.  I don't know if they are humans or vampires, that is yet to be known.

For some reason I was wearing a dress.  It was a baby blue that went down to mid thigh, and had a skirt made of tool that layered over it.  I also have a pair of 4 inch heels on.  These are gonna be hard to walk in.

I start to try to maneuver through the crowd of dancing people, but someone grabs onto my wrist, stopping me.  I turn around to see a man I've never met before.  He is hot to say the least a, but nothing compared to Riley.  He has dirty blonde hair and dark hazel eyes that look almost black.

"May I have this dance?"His gentle voice asks.  I simply nod, and the classical music continues to play.  He places one hand on my waist, and the other grasps my hand.  I put my free hand on his shoulder, and lightly swing my hips to the beat.

"I'm Cameron."I say, smiling up at him.

"Aidan."He says with a smile.  I decide to try to figure out what is going on by asking  this "Aidan" character some questions.

"So is this ball for a charity, it seems to have slipped my mind of what is being celebrated."I say.

"This ball is for an engagement."He says in a sort of 'duh' tone.

"Oh yes, of course, I'm so happy for-"

"Riley, and Jessica."He states.

Jessica?  Who's this Jessica?!  So my master is engaged, and I didn't even know about it.  Wait...Last time I checked I never owned any fancy dresses like this, it musn't be reality, I don't think it can be.  Yet it seems so real....

"Thank you for the dance, Aidan, but I must go.  Until next time."I say, and make a hasty escape from his arms.  He opens his mouth to protest but I'm too far away to hear anything he has to say.

I continue to walk through dancing couples, but I run into a hard chest.  I look up only to see Xavier, oh look at my luck.

"Hi Xavier."I say, smiling fakely and trying to walk away, but Xavier grabs my arm before I can.

"Do I know you, beautiful?"Xavier asks with confusion in his eyes, but a flirty smile playing on his lips.  I simply roll my eyes.

"Come on Xavier, last time I saw you you tried to suck all the blood out of me.  Please don't repeat that."I say, and try to walk away, but his iron grip holds me in place.

"What are you talking about, suck the blood out of you?  Why would I want to do that?!"He asks with a face of disgust. 

"You're a freaking vampire that's why!"I whisper yell at him.  His shocked face surprises me.  I don't think he knows he's a vampire.  Is he a vampire?

"Xavier, what's the date?"  I ask, my heart beat accelerating with worry, sweat beginning to form on my brow.

"December 7, 2016.  Why?"he says.  My breathing stops.  2016?!  It was 2238 when I was bought be Riley.  What is going on...

Authors note-------------------------------

I'm so sorry, it's a cliff hanger. 

Please comment and vote.

I hope y'all are enjoying my book, and keep reading.

Regular Friday updates from now on(at least every Friday, maybe more often😏👍)!!