Chapter 5

Over the next couple of days, I only see Eliana in passing. We'd wave or say hi before having to go our separate ways. Of course until today, Friday. I've decided to muster up my courage and go to her office, since I have two free periods towards the end of the day.

As I'm walking to her office, all I can think about is how much I've grown fond of her recently. Not that I didn't like her before, but now I've seen a whole different side of her, and I like it. Maybe a little too much. Although, her whole badass, stern principal side is also pretty hot. Of course, out of respect for a lady, I shall keep it in my pants. Not that I'd say that to her face anyway.

I pause my weird thoughts for a second, as I walk into the main office. Mrs. Davis looks up as I walk in. She smiles brightly at me, "What brings you here, Alex?" She asks sweetly. I smile back and reply, "Nothing much, just needed to talk to Elia-...Ms. Perez." I internally face palm at my slip up. Mrs. Davis raises an eyebrow, with a sly look on her face. "Okay, you can go right ahead. Be safe." She says, nearly whispering the last part with a smirk, but not quiet enough apparently. This causing me to blush profusely. I look away and step towards Elianas office. Why would I need to be safe? This lady, I swear. What does she think we're doing? And why would she be okay with it?!? I think to myself, before fixing my facial expression and opening the door, knocking lightly.

As I walk in, I close the door behind me. I look up seeing Eliana gazing at me, her legs crossed, hands resting in her lap. "Hi." I say awkwardly, feeling her intense gaze. She smiles saying, "Hi." back. She gets up from her seat, walks around to the front of her desk and leans against it. "What's up? Not that I don't enjoy your company, but you're not often here for no reason." I smile awkwardly, wondering where my confidence from earlier went. "I uh, don't really have a reason other than I wanted to see you. Not to sound weird, of course. I can leave if you'd prefer." I reply, getting ready to turn and leave when she inevitably tells me she doesn't want me here.

She smiles widely, shaking her head. "No, please stay. I don't know if you noticed but I do quite enjoy seeing you also. You make great company." She says, reassuringly with a smirk. I nod and walk towards her. I stop next to the chair in front of her, as I go to move around to the front of it, to sit down, I trip a little, leading me to falling right into Eliana from where she sat on her desk. She caught my shoulders before I fully fell on her, luckily. But now I'm staring right into her green eyes from mere inches away. I move slightly, so she's no longer holding any of my weight. Whilst that's happening neither of us break eye contact. We both start leaning in, I hear her breath hitch as her eyes close. Before our lips could touch she pushes me away gently. I take a step back, my hands still resting gently on her hips, as she opens her eyes slowly, "We can't, not while you're a student." I nod, thanking god I graduate somewhat soon. "So there's a chance? After I graduate? Or do you.... regret it?" I ask rambling.

She smiles, as she leans her forehead on mine. "I think... we should get to know each other better. I do like you, Alex. But I could lose my job, so I wanna get to know the real Alex, and then when you graduate we can decide." She says, her hands on the back of my neck, playing with my baby hairs. She looks up at me, before her expression turns serious, saying "One thing you should know before anything Crawford, Riley comes first for me, always. So just because you're young and we're 'talking' doesn't mean I plan our lives around you or put you first. Although, with how attached Riley already is, you might not be the one giving me trouble." I nod in understanding. "I agree, and I'd never ask you to put me first. Nor do I think Riley would let you." I say genuinely, grinning at the last bit.

She smiles back before placing a kiss on my nose, and pushing me away fully. "Okay tiger, unless you're leaving, sit down. Because I've got paperwork to do." She says bossily. I obediently listen and sit down. Taking my homework from my backpack, hoping to finish it so I don't have to deal with it, and my mother this weekend. We both work until the final bell rings for the day. We both grab our stuff and get ready to leave, but before we can walk out she stops me. "Give me your phone." She demands more than asks, but of course who am I to say no to her. I hand her my phone, she takes it before asking for my password. Which dumbly enough I give to her, but I trust her. She types her number in, sending herself a text and hands me it back. She proceeds to kiss my cheek before saying, "I'll see you, hopefully sooner rather than later." Eliana smiles at me before walking out the door, me following shortly behind.

Once I got home I checked my phone, seeing she had saved her number as 'Elle❤️'. Smiling at the thought of her, I proceed to get dressed for work. Seeing as I took off work this weekend, I might as well show up on time today.