Chapter 7

Thursday, 12:30pm

"Okay dear, I'll see you at 5 o'clock. Don't be late. Do you hear me, Alexander Rhys Crawford?" My mother warned over the phone, using my government name.

I sigh out, "Yes, mother. I hear you, I won't be late." She ends the call saying she has to get back to whatever she was doing.

I look around the halls, finding no one since it's currently lunch. I know Mason is waiting for me in the cafeteria, but as soon as I step into the cafeteria my peace and quiet will be interrupted. And currently I'm enjoying said peace and quiet.

Before I can convince myself to go find Mason, my phone dings. I look at it, seeing a text from Eliana.

"Come to my office before lunch ends. Please and thank you. 😘" I read, before standing and beginning the trek to her office.

Once I arrive I notice that Mrs. Davis isn't at her desk. Looking around for a second, I shrug, she must've gone to lunch. I step towards the Elianas door, as I go to knock the door opens.

Eliana looks up, "Oh thank god, you're here." She says, worrying me. Grabbing me by the forearm she pulls me into her office, closing the door.

"Yes, I'm here. What's up? You seem stressed." I inquire.

She runs her hands through her hair, sighing. "I have a work meeting tonight at five, it's not supposed to be long but I have to be there. I've asked everyone I'm comfortable with watching Riley, and they're all busy. Even my parents. So, please you're my last hope, could you possibly watch Riley for a little while tonight? I promise as soon as it's finished I'll be back."

I look at her, not sure what to say. Of course I wanna say yes, but I also have to go to that stupid gala.

Reading my expression, she lets out a breath, her eyes starting to water. Obviously, stressed and overwhelmed by the situation.

"It's okay, I'll figure something out." She mutters. I shake my head.

"No, I can watch her." I say quickly. She looks up at me, questioningly.

"Really?" She asks, hopeful.

I smile at her, "Yep, just make sure she's dressed up nice and I'll come pick her up. She can be my plus one at the gala tonight."

"What gala?" She inquires.

"Oh, it's work related. Well to my mom at least. I just have to go and chat up some business folk. But I'll gladly have some company that isn't entitled and snobbish. She'll honestly make it more fun." I retor, smiling.

"Okay, I trust you. When should I have her ready?" I think for a second, deciding how much time it'll take to get there on time.

"Um, 4:30 should be good." I say.

"That"ll do. Oh, and Alex, I know we're getting close and all. But if anything, and I mean anything happens Riley, I will make sure no one finds your body." She says the last part with a head tilt, smiling.

"I swear on my grandma's life I will never let anything, and i mean anything happen to Riley." I say honestly, hand over my heart.

"Great, I'll see you later. Now, get to class Crawford." She says blowing me a kiss.

I walk out and head to find Mason before our next class.

***************

Having just gotten back from the store, and picking up regular household items I was low on, It was now 4:00pm. I'm currently getting dressed after having taken a shower.