Chapter 8

"Alrighty. So, Riley, let's go over some ground rules before we get in there. Number 1; don't go anywhere without me, number 2; don't talk to strangers, there's too many people here to be chatting up a bunch of randos, number 3; if by any chance you get lost or lose me in the crowd, go to one place and stay there. I don't want us to be running around in circles trying to find each other. Got it?" I conclude. She nods firmly.

"Great. Let's get this party started, kiddo!" I say, leading her inside the venue where the gala's taking place.

Once we enter the main area, I see my mother eyeing me from across the room as she makes her way over.

"Dear, who's this little lady?" She asks, smiling brightly towards Riley.

"This is Riley, I'm watching her for a little bit, her mom's working. Riley this is my mother-" As I go to introduce her further, she interrupts.

"Oh sweetheart, call me Ms. Grant or Elizabeth. Whichever you'd prefer, darling." Riley shyly nods, slightly hiding behind me.

"Okay mother, I'd like to get the business stuff out of the way as soon as possible, so Riley can have some fun." I say, turning to Riley.

"Hey, kiddo, would you be okay if I left you with my mom for a few? I need to do some stuff then I'm all yours. We can dance and eat all the sweets you want, so you're nice sugared up for your mom." She looks up at me with an unsure expression. I sigh.

"You know what, we can deal with the boring stuff later. Let's have some fun. What do you wanna do first? Raid the snack table or dance?" I ask enthusiastically. She smiles brightly, putting her finger to her chin, thinking.

"Ummm, Snacks!" She nearly yells in excitement.

I grab her hand and we walk excitedly towards the snack table. Not noticing the expression on my mother's face, as she smiles widely at the sight, shaking her head.

After we loaded up on fancy snacks we danced around the room with her standing on my feet. While doing so, I realized that not only did she make this fun for me, but she's also having the time of her life. God, who would've thought. The fact that seeing her have fun makes me feel happy, now I think I understand why people choose to have these little fuckers. They make life fun.... Or at the very least, interesting.

Just as the clock hits 8 o'clock, we start slowing down. It's safe to say Riley's officially pooped. With Riley practically asleep on my shoulder, I decided to make my rounds with the remaining old farts here. I walk around talking to some CEOs and such, trying to make a good impression, although I couldn't care less.

I approach a middle aged woman, seemingly in her 40s, who is currently talking with my mother.

"Oh darling, I'm glad you joined us, I was just telling her about you." She says, as I resist rolling my eyes. Great, what could she be saying about me this time?

"Mm, wonderful. So, uh since you have that covered, I'm going to have to wish you lovely ladies goodnight. I have to get her home." I gesture to Riley asleep on my shoulder.

"Oh no worries, get her home. She's very cute. I see where she gets it from." The mystery lady says with a flirty wink. I resist the strong urge to make a stank face, instead smiling politely and nodding. Turning on my heel, and walking away.

Once we arrive at the car, I get her situated in the car comfortably so she can keep sleeping. On the drive back to her house, she lightly snores the entire way.

*********
I open the back door, unbuckle her carefully and carry her to the front door. I ring the doorbell. As the door opens I see Eliana standing there in her sleepwear. As comfortable as they seem, they also look great on her too, if you ask me.

 As comfortable as they seem, they also look great on her too, if you ask me

"Right on time." She says smiling at her sleeping daughter.

"She's tuckered out, we might have overdone the dancing. Just a wee bit." I retort, smiling at her also.

"Come in, please. I'll lead you to her room." She gestured for me to follow. I follow her to Riley's room, before laying her down on the bed, leaving Eliana to tuck her in. She kisses her forehead, flicking the light off and leaving the room after me. She drags me downstairs, pushing me onto the couch.

She sits right next to me and cuddles into my side, watching whatever is playing on the Tv as we talk about our nights. She stuffs her face into my neck mumbling something, I laugh.

"What?" I question not hearing a word she said.

"I said, you should stay." She looks up at me through her eyelashes. I release a sigh.

"Fine, I'll stay." I relent. She lets out a laugh at how quickly I gave in. Not that'd I'd say no anyway.

"You're lucky I keep extra clothes in my car, or else I might've actually had a reason to say no." I say, humorously.

"Or you could've slept naked." She says with a cheeky grin.

"I wouldn't have minded." She adds. Shaking my head, I squint my eyes at her.

"Trying to get me naked already, Ms. Perez? You dirty, dirty woman." I say jokingly, with a teasing grin. She lets out a loud chuckle, smiling widely.

"Go get your clothes, before I change my mind." She replies, tilting her head with a smirk. I hop up, and rush out to my car, hearing her giggle as I go.

Once I retrieved the goods, Eliana lets me change in her bathroom. Luckily I had some shorts and T-shirts in my car.

After I'm finished, she drags me to her bed and makes me cuddle her. We watch a random movie as she makes me be big spoon, not allowing me to let go. Soon she succumbed to sleep, me following shortly after her, after pausing the movie for next time, hopefully.

Eliana's house

FiniteOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara