Chapter 9

I slowly blink, opening my eyes

I slowly blink, opening my eyes. For it still being dark outside, I felt oddly well rested. I roll over, looking at Eliana, I close my eyes once more in an attempt to fall back to sleep. After a couple of seconds I sigh, I have to pee, and for the life of me I do not want to get up.

I carefully move the blanket off of me, sliding my legs off the side of the bed. I stand, getting a slight feeling of vertigo. I reach to turn on the lamp by the bed. It's not bright enough to wake her up, but it illuminates some of the room allowing me to see properly.

Before I can make my way away from the bed, to the bathroom. Eliana rolls over towards the opposite side of the bed taking the whole blanket with her. I gaze at her peacefully sleeping figure, as I go to break my stare I notice a slight patch of red on the bed sheets. Directly where she was previously laying.

Oh. That kinda makes sense actually, with her being extra emotional and cuddly. I approach her side of the bed, gently sitting on the edge. I brush the hair out of her face, gently shaking her awake. She blinks, looking up at me confused. I smile at her reassuringly.

"Good morning, love. How are you feeling?" I inquire quietly.

"I'm okay, a little... crampy, but It'll go away. Why?" She says, shifting uncomfortably at the first part. I nod.

"I'm going to run you a hot bath, I'll be back in a second." I state, getting up walking to the bathroom. Leaving Eliana confused, until she looks around the room eventually seeing what she can only assume you saw as well.

I run the bath, putting in some of whatever bath stuff she had next to it. As it fills I quickly take a piss as I intended to do in the first place.

I've never dealt with this type of situation before, never having been in a long term or emotionally intimate relationship before.

Hopefully she doesn't think I'm doing too much, but with me not having the same body parts in the lower region I can only imagine what she's feeling, even that doesn't seem pleasant. I'm just doing what I'd want someone to do if I were in her shoes.

Once the bath's filled enough, I walk out of the bathroom. Greeting her with a smile, as she looks at me.

"Okay, baths ready. While you do that I'll change the sheets and throw these ones in the wash. Oh, where's your washer, and spare sheets?" I ask.

"They're both downstairs, closest door to the dining area. Also, thank you Alex. Really, you shouldn't have to do this, it's my mess." She replies, making me furrow my brows. Did she really think I'd just let her deal with this all by herself? She's obviously not feeling good, I'm not a total asshole.

I shake my head, "I'll keep doing this as long as I need to. I don't care whether I should or not, you need to go relax in the tub for a little bit. While my capable ass goes and does some damn laundry." I say leaving no room for argument. I walk over to her, pick her up off the bed, as she giggles telling me to put her down. I carry her into the bathroom, sitting her on the edge of the tub. Before walking out to get the sheets, telling her to relax.

I collect the dirty sheets, and quietly walk downstairs not wanting to wake Riley. I throw 'em in the wash, grab the new ones, heading back upstairs to replace them. Afterwards, I knock on the bathroom door asking her to tell me when she's done so I can give her some clothes.

Thirty minutes later, as I'm scrolling through social media. She quietly yells my name. I get up, grabbing her some comfortable pjs. I knock, she opens the door wide showing her only wearing a towel.

Which was expected, but that doesn't change the fact that she's absolutely stunning, no matter how prepared you are, she'll take your breath away. I hand her the clothes. She takes them gratefully, closing the door as I turn and flop onto her bed.

Once she's done she comes and joins me, cuddling into my side. Before either of us can doze off, I suggest that she should take the day off, after she told me that it was getting worse. She reluctantly agrees, me also deciding I'll skip school.

Of course she doesn't like that but I'm not about to just leave her here by herself, besides someone has to take Riley to school and Eliana doesn't seem all that up for it.

"You don't have too much fun this time of month, do you?" I joke lightly, she just snuggles further into me shaking her head no. After a few minutes we're both dozing off once again.

*********

After awaking for the second time today, I decided to let Elle sleep while I change into some less raggedy outfit I have.

Once I'm dressed, I go check to see if Riley's awake

Once I'm dressed, I go check to see if Riley's awake. Surprisingly, she's up, dressed, and stuffing her face with pop tarts in the kitchen. I greet her with a good morning and she just nods enthusiastically, unable to speak through the pop tarts.

"I'm taking you to school today, since your mom's not feeling well." I say, once she's done chewing she asks what's wrong and I tell her she's just got a stomach ache. Her nodding in understanding, before proceeding to tell me how excited she is for school. I'm glad someone enjoys it.

Checking the time, I realize we have to leave soon. We make our way upstairs so she can tell her mom bye. She jumps on the bed, leaning over top of her, poking her on the cheek. Elle flinches, unaware of what's happening. She opens her eyes, seeing Riley right in her face.

Riley says her goodbyes as Elle wishes her a good day. I ask Riley to wait for me downstairs.

"I'm going to drop her off, then head to the store to get some stuff for you. Is there anything specific you want me to get, snacks, lady products?" I inquire, wanting her to be comfortable.

"Ice cream, please. Oh and, I need more tampons also." She says politely.

"Gotcha, anything else?" I ask, making a mental note. She shakes her head no. I nod.

I kiss her head, before heading downstairs to Riley, making our way to her school.

________________

-Anonymous