Chapter 11

In my haze, I decide to let it happen. She slowly dances into me further, reaching behind us to grab the back of my neck pulling me closer, her back facing me. I give in, laying light kisses along her neck, she tilts her head to the side, biting her lip.

As I stop, Quinn looks up at me. We stare into each other's eyes, our movements halted. She takes the hand she previously had on my neck and shifts, pulling my face closer to hers. Feeling the tension rise, neither of us stop to consider the chaos this might cause. She stops right before our lips connect, our lips brushing slightly.

I can hear her anticipating breaths, as our intense staring contest continues. Breaking our eye contact, I lightly grab the side of her face, the other hand resting on her hip. My eyes flicker down to her lips, before I lean in connecting our lips in a passionate kiss.

Our lips move in sync for a long moment, neither of us wanting it to end. She lightly bites my bottom lip, tugging it slightly when she pulls away. The kiss leaves us breathless, we both stare at each other in awe.

The kiss had sobered us enough, leaving us surprised we kissed, but even more so that we enjoyed it as much as we did. Before I can say anything, I see her face turn to complete panic before she turns, and runs off in the other direction towards the exit.

Not wanting her to get hurt, I follow after her. Only catching a glimpse of her frantically hopping into her car and pulling off. Shit. Realizing I couldn't do anything now, I made a mental note to ask Mason for her number later. Walking back inside the club, I go to the bar to grab something a little bit stronger to clear my mind.

After having downed ten shots, I get up begrudgingly. Stumbling slightly, I look around no longer seeing Mason or his 'friend' anywhere. I decide to take that as my sign to leave. As I'm walking out the club towards my car, I get a burst of energy. Hmm. You know what I should do. I should go see Eliana! With my new mission in mind, I abandon my car and start my half an hour journey to Elianas house on foot.

Having arrived on El's block, I continue my drunken walk to her front door. I knock, waiting impatiently for her to answer.

As the door opens, I look up seeing a confused Eliana.

"Alex? What are you doing here?" I smile at her drunkenly.

"El! I just wanted to see you!" I say a little too loudly. She shushes me quietly.

"Alex, are you drunk?" She gives a light disappointed sigh as she asks. I just shake my head dumbly, saying "Nope". She puts her hand on her forehead.

"Alex. Why- Okay, you can come inside and I'll get you some water, but be quiet." I nod enthusiastically with a cheesy smile. I walk slightly in the door when we hear a cry and Riley yells "Mom!". Eliana looks at me.

"Stay here, she probably heard you talking and got scared. I'll be down in a little bit, and once again please be quiet." She says, making her way up the stairs.

I look around the entryway and back towards the partially open door. I decide it's best to leave given the circumstances and since El didn't seem too pleased to see me tonight. I make my way out the house, shutting the door tightly. I look around the outside not sure where to go, before I remember that my apartment isn't far from here.

Hoping I can remember the way, I begin my trek back home. Dreading the hangover I'd have tomorrow.

********

Beep. Beep. Beep. Fucking alarm. I roll over and aggressively turn it off. Ughhh. I feel like shit. After I slowly coax myself into getting up, I rush to the bathroom to grab some aspirin and drink an entire glass of water. I quickly take a shower so I don't smell like booze and sweat showing up to school.

I throw on some comfortable clothes for the insufferable day ahead. Before heading to school I made my way back to the club to get my car, which I abandoned last night.

*********

*********

Arriving at school, I make my way towards Mason's locker. I wait for five minutes, before he finally shows.

"Oh, you have Quinn's number, right?" I ask while we're walking to class. He nods, looking confused.

"Mhm. Why?" I shrug.

"Well, she kinda left quickly last night and I just wanted to check on her if I don't see her today." He smirks at me.

"Aww, you care about her! Ugh, I can see it now. Your guy's kids'll be so cute!" He says poking fun at me. I roll my eyes.

"Haha, now are you going to give it to me or not?" He chuckles before telling me.

"Invite me to the wedding." He says jokingly, before changing the topic.

We make it halfway through the day, before I get called to the Principal's office. I split off from Mason, heading towards what I can only assume is my demise given the stunt I pulled last night. I enter the main office, Mrs. Davis motioned me to enter Eliana's office.

As I enter I see Eliana behind her desk pacing. I walk further toward her desk, her now noticing me. I go to speak only to be cut off.

"Sit. And listen." She says. Yep, she's pissed. She walks in front of her desk, leaning on it. She lets out a sad sigh.

"Alex. What happened last night was unacceptable. Showing up drunk at my house at one in the morning, waking Riley up! She didn't go to sleep for another three hours, Alex. She's six, I don't know if you know anything about six year olds but they need sleep, Alex. Then you just leave without telling me, I was worried you know! God, I'm so stupid for thinking this could work. I'm twelve years older than you, Alex! You're eighteen, and I can't even be mad at you. You're doing shit I did when I was your age!" She pauses putting her face in her hands. I just sit there, not sure what to do or say.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I care about you both. I-I-" I say weakly, she looks up with tears falling slowly. She nods.

"I know. But I just don't think you're ready, and I can't just wait and let you decide when you are. I can't do that to you or Riley and I. You deserve to be able to experience life, Alex. I don't want to be the one to take that from you. And Riley and I wouldn't be able to handle you deciding one day that you don't want this anymore. I don't want you to think that I don't believe you're capable or responsible enough, you're just young Alex and you should be able to act like it. T-that's why, I think from this point on our relationship should be strictly professional." She gazes at me with teary eyes, her lip wobbling slightly. I nod, still processing what's happening.

"You should leave, Alex." She points weakly to the door. I just nod and stand up. Walking towards the door, she whispers a "I'm sorry" as I leave. Closing the door, I hear a light sob from inside, I look around seeing Mrs. Davis at the main desk looking at me with a sad smile. Not feeling up to talking I try my best to smile politely back, before leaving the office entirely.

Now in a horrible mood I make my way to the cafeteria, hoping that Mason won't bother me about it.