Chapter 6

I wake up the next morning at the sound of a knock on the door. I groan as I roll over to check the time. 8:00am. Hearing more persistent knocking, I hop out of bed, throw on a pair of shorts over my boxers and trudge to the door. My eyes barely open, I open the door with an annoyed grunt. "Is that how you greet your mother?" I slowly look up, look her directly in her eyes, and nod. She tuts, "Well at least give me a hug." My mother says, arms open. With a sigh , I walk into her arms, and wrap her in a hug.

After a few seconds we step apart, her saying, "You know, if I'm going to be around more, you might as well give me a key." I scoff, replying "Yeah, no." Resulting in her saying "What? You don't trust your own mother with a key to your apartment." I shake my head, "No, mom. It's about privacy." She scorned "Oh right, because of all the girls you have over." She says sarcastically. I scoff, looking at her for a second before turning, and walking to my kitchen as she heads to the restroom.

I make some coffee, while thinking about what the fuck just happened. She insulted me before she even fully entered my apartment. Oh the things I put up with. If she weren't my mother I'd have kicked her out, but no dice with that, she's still here.

I hop up on the counter while waiting for the coffee, hearing her walking through the hall towards the kitchen. She comes around the corner and sees me sitting on the counter before shaking her head, saying "Tables are for glasses not for asses." She continues to walk through the kitchen, to the living room. "Tables are for glasses not for asses." I mock quietly making a face.

Once the coffee finishes, I grab a cup and head to the living room. I sit on the opposite side of the couch. "So what brings you here bright and early?" I ask. "Oh I figured I'd come and catch up with my only child as soon as I could." I resist rolling my eyes. "What's the real reason you're here mother? We both know you don't overextend your time with your family."

She purses her lips, "You need to get fitted for a suit, we have a gala this coming week and you need to be there". I look at her like she's lost her mind, I've gone to one in the entirety of my life and hated every second of it. "And why would I do that?" I ask. She sighs, replying "Because with you getting closer to graduation, you need to start learning the ropes of your future business."

"You're never gonna let this go, are you? I don't want your business." I say. "Then what are you going to do?" She asks, seriously. "I-i don't know, okay." I say with a sigh. "Exactly, and until you do, I at the very least want you to be prepared for what could be your future." She says, surprisingly caring.

I just nod in defeat. "Great! You will have an appointment tomorrow to get fitted." She says victoriously. "Well, I should be on my way. I'll see you again tomorrow. Don't have too much fun." She states as she stands and heads to the door. Before she walks out the door, she shouts "Love you, dear".

I lean my head back on the couch, oh how I could do for some Riley and Eliana hugs right now. I quickly pat around the couch for my phone, without looking. Realizing I left it on the charger in my room, I reluctantly get up with the sole intention of grabbing my phone and calling Eliana.

I get my phone and sit up against the head of my bed. I question myself for a second, before calling her. It rings for a moment until she answers. Surprisingly, she requests to FaceTime as soon as she answers. I accept and see her and Riley sat pretty much the same as me in bed.

I smile, greeting them "How's it going my two favorite people?" They smile at that and Riley proceeds to tell me their entire morning so far. "Okay goofball, go play I'll be out in a little bit." Eliana says to Riley. As I hear a door shut on her side, she looks at me and bites her lip. "So, how have you been since our last chat?" She asks, I smirk. "Oh you mean when you were endlessly flirting with me?" She rolls her eyes, "If I remember correctly, you were the one that fell on me, remember?" She says, I reply, "Most definitely, how could I not remember being on top of such a fine specimen."

She blushes, "You would like that wouldn't you." She states, as I nod teasingly. We continue talking for an hour before she has to go check on Riley and get ready for the day.

I lock my phone after we end our call, already missing her. God I'm whipped already, and we're not even a thing yet. I spent the rest of the day lazing around, texting Eliana. Not looking forward to getting fitted for this damned suit tomorrow.